* Can you help me?
       [not found] <335331641.9763030.1527971015490.JavaMail.zimbra@laposte.net>
@ 2018-06-02 20:39 ` mi.busuttil
From: mi.busuttil @ 2018-06-02 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello!

I installed a pairing program for the Othello game (papp.exe) and I can not launch it.
Cygwin64 tells me this:

cygdrive/c/Users/mibus/Downloads/papp-windows/windows/Papp_1_36_PC/Papp_1_36_PC/papp.exe
4 [main] papp 16104 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
assertion "nb_lignes>0 && nb_colonnes>0 && auto_wrap>=0" failed: file "more.c", line 664, function: init_ecran 20659 [sig] papp 16104 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to papp.exe.stackdump

I am French and thank you for the help you could bring me.

Michel B.

* Re: Can you help me?
@ 2018-06-02 21:04   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-06-02 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, mi.busuttil

On 6/2/2018 10:39 PM, mi.busuttil@laposte.net wrote:

> Hello!

Hi Michel

> I installed a pairing program for the Othello game (papp.exe) and I can not launch it.
> Cygwin64 tells me this:
>

> cygdrive/c/Users/mibus/Downloads/papp-windows/windows/Papp_1_36_PC/Papp_1_36_PC/papp.exe
> 4 [main] papp 16104 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

It seems this papp program is using an old version of cygwin1.dll
but this is just a warning not an error
https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

> assertion "nb_lignes>0 && nb_colonnes>0 && auto_wrap>=0" failed: file "more.c", line 664, function: init_ecran 20659 [sig] papp 16104 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to papp.exe.stackdump

unfortunately this is a real error and the cygwin project is not
involved in the PPAP program.
https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=papp.exe&arch=x86_64

You need to contact the Authors, that seem located at
http://www.ffothello.org/informatique/programme-dappariements-papp/

> I am French and thank you for the help you could bring me.
>
> Michel B.

Regards Marco

* can you help me?
@ 2005-01-26 13:40 KAMURAN ÇANAKLI
From: KAMURAN ÇANAKLI @ 2005-01-26 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello

I download cygwin and fetchmail.exe (for NT&w2000).

My computer has got XP PRO Operating system.

1. I installed cygwin.
2. I installed fetchmail.exe
3. I configured fetchmail.cfg file

# Configuration created Wed Feb 17 15:43:25 1999 by fetchmailconf
#set postmaster "postmaster"
#set syslog
#set invisible

defaults
	proto POP3
        smtphost mail.ekobinet.net
	smtpaddress mylocaldomain.local
	no keep
	fetchall

poll mail.ekobinet.net
        user "akipek@akipek.com" there with password "1213" is "akipek" here

#Multi Drop sample
#
#poll pop.provider.net localdomains localdomain.org local.org
#	user "maildropbox" with pass "genericpass" to * here
#

4. I run fetchmail.exe. its okey. download a lot of mail from mail server.
But I can't find, my mails.
I want to sea mail with outlook express

What can I do?
Where is my mail?
How can I related outlook express with fetcmail?

thans & best regards

* Re: Can you help me?
@ 2004-06-17 17:12 ` Rui-Tao Dong
From: Rui-Tao Dong @ 2004-06-17 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

 boli611> Why file name with Chinese characters can't be displayed
 boli611> correctly when I use comman "LS" under cygwin?  There are
 boli611> just a cluster of "????" there.

What terminal did you run ls under?  Chinese filename displays fine
under dired in XEmacs (X11).  All I did was setenv LANG zh_CN.GB18030
before I start XEmacs and I was not using any special flag to ls.

--

	Rui-Tao Dong
	(949) 673-1907 x116

* Re: Can you help me?
@ 2004-06-17 13:39 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2004-06-17 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: boli; +Cc: cygwin

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, boli wrote:

> Thanks Larry, I have check the FAQ of CYGWIN, and find the solution for
> type international characters, but where can I locate ~/.inputrc file?
> I really feel odd about ~/.

In most shells, "~" expands to your home directory, a.k.a. "$HOME".  So,
~/.inputrc is the same as $HOME/.inputrc (and, if you use the default
$HOME values from /etc/passwd, same as /home/$USER/.inputrc).  This, BTW,
is not Cygwin-specific.
	Igor
P.S. Oh, and <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL>.  Thanks.

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* Re: Can you help me?
@ 2004-06-16 15:03 ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 2004-06-16 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: boli, cygwin

At 04:39 AM 6/16/2004, you wrote:
>Why file name with Chinese characters can't be displayed correctly when I use comman "LS" under cygwin?  There are just a cluster of "????" there.

See 'man ls'.  Look for '--show-control-chars'.  BTW, this issue isn't
Cygwin specific so if you run into similar problems with other utilities,
you'll want to refer to documentation locally and on the net.  You'll
find similar questions and answers in the Cygwin archives too.

Holliston, MA 01746

* Can you help me?
@ 2004-06-16  8:52 boli
From: boli @ 2004-06-16  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Why file name with Chinese characters can't be displayed correctly when I use comman "LS" under cygwin?  There are just a cluster of "????" there.

* RE: Can you help me!!!
       [not found] <95B97DD42B78D31193A8005004D1E05C413B2A@mustang.computone.com>
@ 2001-06-07 12:43 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-06-07 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Fowler, Dirk Müller, cygwin

At 03:29 PM 6/7/2001, Chris Fowler wrote:

>Is it not possbile to build a static binary that requires no dlls?

No, not really (see the mail archives for details if you're *really*
interested in the details).  Still even if this were possible, it's
not germane to the question.  Without the source, the point is moot
to say nothing of the legal issues...

Larry

* Re: Can you help me!!!
@ 2001-06-07 10:26 Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-06-07 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dirk Müller, cygwin

At 01:07 PM 6/6/2001, Dirk Müller wrote:
>Hallo!
>
>I hope you can help me! I need for run an programm under Win98  the Cygwin
>programm! I download this from your homepage. This programm what I use look
>for the cygwin.dll  in the programm Cygwin. But this file dont exist. It
>exist the file cygwin1.dll . What version of Cygwin has the cygwin.dll and
>where i get it! What is the 1 behind the cygwin?? Can you help me so fast it
>is possibl.
>
>Sorry for my bad englisch!

Unless the program you need to run furnishes the Cygwin DLL it requires
along with its source, its in violation of the GPL.  You need to speak
to the distributor of the program about this, not this list.

* Can you help me!!!
@ 2001-06-06 10:04 Dirk Müller