* setup.exe, dependencies, and 'keep' mode
@ 2011-11-09 22:43 Ryan Johnson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ryan Johnson @ 2011-11-09 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all,

There's a somewhat annoying behavior in setup.exe when installing
packages in 'keep' mode: all dependencies selected by things which would
have been installed in 'Curr' mode still try to download. Often I can
tell that they're spurious and just choose not to install them, but it
would get messy if the thing to be installed actually had dependencies...

Case in point: downloading gdb-7.3.50-1 requests dependencies
"ca-certificates-1.78-1" and "libgcj11-4.5.3-3" -- neither of which
strikes me as a likely candidate, and both of which are highly likely
candidates given that I'm not at the latest versions of libgcj or
libcurl4...

Anyone else seen this behavior?
Ryan