* cannot compile anything with gcc on cygwin32; missing cygisl-10.dll
@ 2016-01-27  4:24 Sam Habiel
From: Sam Habiel @ 2016-01-27  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32897685/cannot-compile-anything-with-gcc-on-cygwin32-missing-cygisl-10-dll

That wasn't me; but I still observed the bug and did the same thing to
fix it. How do I report this to the maintainer of gcc?

--
Sam Habiel, Pharm.D.
VISTA Expertise Network

* Re: cannot compile anything with gcc on cygwin32; missing cygisl-10.dll
@ 2016-01-27  9:07 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-01-27  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Sam Habiel <sam.habiel <at> gmail.com> writes:
> That wasn't me; but I still observed the bug and did the same thing to
> fix it. How do I report this to the maintainer of gcc?

Not still, again (since the provision of the gcc-5.3.0 test version).

For the record, the missing dependencies are libisl10 and libcloog-isl4.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: cannot compile anything with gcc on cygwin32; missing cygisl-10.dll
@ 2016-01-27 11:51   ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2016-01-27 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 1/27/2016 15:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Sam Habiel <sam.habiel <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> That wasn't me; but I still observed the bug and did the same thing to
>> fix it. How do I report this to the maintainer of gcc?
>
> Not still, again (since the provision of the gcc-5.3.0 test version).
>
> For the record, the missing dependencies are libisl10 and libcloog-isl4.

Yaakov, requesting cygport feature to inject and remove dependencies,
without requiring the dependencies to be screened manually.

Thanks.

* Re: cannot compile anything with gcc on cygwin32; missing cygisl-10.dll
@ 2016-01-27 11:52     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-01-27 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

JonY <10walls <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Yaakov, requesting cygport feature to inject and remove dependencies,
> without requiring the dependencies to be screened manually.

The feature to inject dependencies is already there, via
{,PKG_}REQUIRES="..." lines in the cygport file.

BTW, for x86/i686 gcc-core is missing the libvtv0 dependency (but still has
libisl13).

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: cannot compile anything with gcc on cygwin32; missing cygisl-10.dll
@ 2016-01-27 14:53       ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2016-01-27 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 1/27/2016 17:46, Achim Gratz wrote:
> JonY <10walls <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> Yaakov, requesting cygport feature to inject and remove dependencies,
>> without requiring the dependencies to be screened manually.
>
> The feature to inject dependencies is already there, via
> {,PKG_}REQUIRES="..." lines in the cygport file.
>
> BTW, for x86/i686 gcc-core is missing the libvtv0 dependency (but still has
> libisl13).

vtv was removed because there is no equivalent for 4.x, release notes
coming soon.

* Re: cannot compile anything with gcc on cygwin32; missing cygisl-10.dll
@ 2016-01-27 19:37         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-01-27 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

JonY writes:
> vtv was removed because there is no equivalent for 4.x, release notes
> coming soon.

Jon Turney had already provided an empty libvtv0 package for those
versions so the dependecies for gcc-4 and gcc-5 could be merged.  We
were just missing the fact that libcloog-isl4 and the dependent libisl10
was also missing.  These are the two dependencies you'd need to add in
the appropriate REQUIRES in order for both the current and test gcc
packages to coexist without manual package selection.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: cannot compile anything with gcc on cygwin32; missing cygisl-10.dll
@ 2016-01-28  5:29           ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2016-01-28  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin