* Vim and cursor position
@ 2016-02-14 16:34 James Darnley
From: James Darnley @ 2016-02-14 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

To the maintainer, Yaakov, or anyone else who knows:

Have the compilation options of Vim changed recently?  Is there some
other recent change that would cause the behaviour described below?

Vim now appears to be remembering the last position of the cursor when
you open files.  I notice it most when running 'git commit', the cursor
never starts on the first line but would appear to be where ever I ended
the previous message.

I find this jolly annoying.

I would appreciate any insights people can offer.

Thanks, James.