* CancelSynchronousIo could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
@ 2016-10-24 15:47 Keith Williams
From: Keith Williams @ 2016-10-24 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've read the FAQ. I feel the matter isn't resolved and I haven't been
able to use Cywin/XP for a while/

Has anyone tried installing Cygwin on Windows XP? The installation
doesn't work because the applications seem to be linked with newer
Windows run-time libs. Bash and dash do not work for example, they're
looking for the missing kernel call, CancelSynchronousIo.

I don't seem able to go back to a working system from the upgrade, and a
new installation doesn't work.

Given that 32bit Windows 7 and Vista have been around for years, why was
it decided to drop support for Windows XP?  Presumably, there's nothing
much to be gained by doing this.

Thanks,
Keith