* Follow-up to: vboxsharedfs - Too many levels of symbolic links
@ 2022-01-01 23:01 cygwin
From: cygwin @ 2022-01-01 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,
About a month ago, a thread with the above title mentioned that a
patch to the problem was submitted.

I am encountering the same problem on my Cygwin/Win10/Vbox 6.1.30
installation.

Any idea when that patch will be pushed to production?
Or barring that, is there a test version that I could download
somewhere as this bug is somewhat limiting for me at this point...

* Re: Follow-up to: vboxsharedfs - Too many levels of symbolic links
@ 2022-01-01 23:33 ` Marco Atzeri
       [not found]   ` <25041.20371.400483.42141@consult.pretender>
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-01-01 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 02.01.2022 00:01, cygwin@kosowsky.org wrote:
> Hi,
> About a month ago, a thread with the above title mentioned that a
> patch to the problem was submitted.
>
> I am encountering the same problem on my Cygwin/Win10/Vbox 6.1.30
> installation.
>
> Any idea when that patch will be pushed to production?
> Or barring that, is there a test version that I could download
> somewhere as this bug is somewhat limiting for me at this point...

Snapshots are here:
https://cygwin.com/snapshots/

@ 2022-01-02  7:12     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-01-02  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

back on mailing list, please reply always there

On 02.01.2022 08:09, cygwin@kosowsky.org wrote:
> Thanks. It works!

Nice to know

> Marco Atzeri wrote at about 00:33:29 +0100 on Sunday, January 2, 2022:
>   > On 02.01.2022 00:01, cygwin@kosowsky.org wrote:
>   > > Hi,
>   > > About a month ago, a thread with the above title mentioned that a
>   > > patch to the problem was submitted.
>   > >
>   > > I am encountering the same problem on my Cygwin/Win10/Vbox 6.1.30
>   > > installation.
>   > >
>   > > Any idea when that patch will be pushed to production?
>   > > Or barring that, is there a test version that I could download
>   > > somewhere as this bug is somewhat limiting for me at this point...
>   > >
>   >
>   > Snapshots are here:
>   > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/