* RE: Unattended installation with locally downloaded packages
       [not found] <66d2831f762945778396f3ea494ee1c6@HE202154.emea2.cds.t-internal.com>
@ 2019-04-04  9:18 ` Laszlo.Varga
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Laszlo.Varga @ 2019-04-04  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi

we are trying to install Cygwin 2.11.2 with the following command line:

setup-x86_64 -q -L -R "C:\Program Files\Cygwin" -l c:\Temp\Packages

Where -q should be the Silent Installation. But no matter what, we allways get the GUI installation.
The other Problem is that we have a lot of Packages and we want to use a Command Parameter that allows us to Install all downloaded packages from the "Packages" directory, but we cannot do this, only when applying the -p parameter and list up all the downloaded packages.
Are there another Parameters that we could use, to hide the GUI installation, and to install all downloaded Packages at the same time (including all subdirectories)?

Thanks in advance
Laszlo

* RE: Unattended installation with locally downloaded packages
@ 2019-04-04 10:18   ` Soegtrop, Michael
From: Soegtrop, Michael @ 2019-04-04 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laszlo.Varga, cygwin

Dear Laszlo,

I think you also need to give the --site option and likely also --no-admin if you want an unattended install.

You can find a (lengthy) batchfile which installs cygwin (unattended is an option) and excutes a shell script using it here:

https://github.com/coq/coq/blob/master/dev/build/windows/MakeCoq_MinGW.bat

The final call to the setup is in line 365, but you should also look into how %CYGWIN_OPT% is set depending on options.

The wait for setup complete in case you need an admin install and the unattended configuration of a user profile (first login) following might also be of interest.

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich

* Re: RE: Unattended installation with locally downloaded packages
@ 2019-04-04 11:20   ` Houder
From: Houder @ 2019-04-04 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 09:13:35, XXXXX wrote:
> Hi
>
> we are trying to install Cygwin 2.11.2 with the following command line:
>
> setup-x86_64 -q -L -R "C:\Program Files\Cygwin" -l c:\Temp\Packages
>
> Where -q should be the Silent Installation ...

Which packages?

add -P <pkg1>,<pkg2>, ...

Henri

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9260014/how-do-i-install-cygwin-components-from-the-command-line

* Re: Unattended installation with locally downloaded packages
@ 2019-04-04 17:51   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2019-04-04 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Laszlo.Varga@t-systems.com writes:
> Where -q should be the Silent Installation. But no matter what, we
> allways get the GUI installation.

Of course, setup.exe is a GUI program.

> The other Problem is that we have a lot of Packages and we want to use
> a Command Parameter that allows us to Install all downloaded packages
> from the "Packages" directory, but we cannot do this, only when
> applying the -p parameter and list up all the downloaded packages.

I think you can still use (pseudo-)category "All" if you really want to
install all packages in the local repository (-C All).  It would be
better to rewrite the setup.ini and give the packages you want to
install your own category (or multiple ones to support different types
of installs).

Regards,
Achim.