[parent not found: <43976.2997253396$1686824142@news.gmane.org>]
* help needed - transition from 32bits to 64bits
@ 2023-06-15 10:15 gh
From: gh @ 2023-06-15 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: gilbert.harrus

Dear all,

Sorry if this question was already answered somewhere in the FAQ.

I am running a deprecated 32bits version, and want to switch to 64bits. Install procedure is easy, but does not cover one thing : I
would like to preserve the list of packages I have installed, and minimize the change of paths in my windows environment (did not
change anything for the last 10 years, so I don't want to dig into where are things).

Currently, cygwin is in C:\cygwin, which I have moved to C:\cygwin-bck. I then want to install in the now almost empty C:\cygwin,
but copying there the necessary config files so that setup-x86_64.exe knows which packages to download.

Thanks in advance,

Gilbert