* Cygwin is hanged while installation
@ 2023-02-10  5:22 shaik jafrulla
From: shaik jafrulla @ 2023-02-10  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Team,

While installing latest cygwin package  and it is hanging at 0/Perpetual
/etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.sh

I have tried multiple mirror sites and still issue the same. Please find
the attached screenshot. Kindly help in resolving this issue.

Regards,
Shaik Jafrulla

* Re: Cygwin is hanged while installation
@ 2023-02-10 11:35 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2023-02-10 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shaik jafrulla, cygwin

Greetings, shaik jafrulla!

> Hi Team,

> While installing latest cygwin package  and it is hanging at 0/Perpetual
> /etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.sh

> I have tried multiple mirror sites and still issue the same. Please find
> the attached screenshot. Kindly help in resolving this issue.

If this is a first installation, and/or you have (re)installed many (new)
packages at the same time, this process may take long time.
Plus, certain antiviruses could slow it down to a crawl, considering the
script has to open and possibly modify each executable file in the
installation.
Try to install just base set of packages for the starter, and incrementally
add packages you are missing for your daily work.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: Cygwin is hanged while installation
@ 2023-02-10 11:57   ` shaik jafrulla
From: shaik jafrulla @ 2023-02-10 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, anrdaemon