* Re: cygwin x86 setup issue:Can't connect to (null):80
@ 2017-10-27 14:31 Fergus
From: Fergus @ 2017-10-27 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>> Oh, I get it.
>> You're just saying you update the (partial?) mirror in 'D:\cyg'.
>> Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Not at all. I guess I wasn't clear.
I run [quite a small subset of the complete] Cygwin from D:\consoleX.
I maintain the source at D:\cyg by checking it against a mirror
regularly - when out of date I wget what's needed including setup.ini
and setup.ini.sig. Then update from Local Directory using setup.
I'm still nervy of upversioning again to 2.882 from 2.880 but noting
your observant "time machine" comment and the dearth of "Me Too" on
the mailing list I'll give it another crack. If it works I'll forget
it once didn't; if it doesn't work I'll try to dig deeper.
Fergus

* Re: cygwin x86 setup issue:Can't connect to (null):80
@ 2017-10-27 13:48   ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2017-10-27 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2017-10-26 20:40 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2017-10-26 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26/10/2017 16:52, Fergus wrote:
>>> .. we are using our internal cygwin mirror
>>> .. when we setup x86-setup.exe .. it show download incomplete ..
>>> I thought perhaps setup couldn't handle a nonstandard port ..
>
> Not quite certain what is going on but something is, possibly related
> to the latest recent up-versioning of the setup-x86 executable to
> 2.882?

Since the OPs first mail about their problem (2017-10-15) pre-dates the
release of setup 2.882 (2017-10-24), this seems unlikely unless OP is in
possession of a time-machine.

> Forever I have updated Cygwin using a Command Prompt window and the
> typed command
> setup-x86.exe -L D:\cyg -R D:\consoleX -gqnm
> where the key switches are to update to the Cygwin provision located
> at D:\consoleX from a local mirror located at D:\cyg.
> (Previously I will have updated x86\setup.ini and x86\setup.ini.sig
> and augmented x86\release\ so that everything is in place that is
> needed.)

I'm not sure what this means.

There should be no way for you to generate a valid setup.ini.sig (absent
possession the Cygwin signing key, or using --no-verify, or using
--pubkey to provide an additional key), assuming the setup validates
that signature in --local-package-dir mode, which I think it should be.

> This command now fails, but too early in the process for a logfile to
> be commenced. Basically the locally-based installation procedure
> hangs.

Thanks for reporting this problem.  I can't reproduce it.

Perhaps running setup with --no-admin --verbose (so that logging is
emitted to the terminal) might shed some light on things?

@ 2017-10-26 15:52 Fergus
From: Fergus @ 2017-10-26 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2017-10-26 14:35     ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2017-10-26 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lynn Lin, cygwin

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312, Size: 724 bytes --]

Greetings, Lynn Lin!

Please don't top-post in this list.

> We are using golang net/http to setup a http file share in OSX and looks it
> can¡¯t handle ¡°//¡° for Cygwin packages path like http://xx.xx/cywin//x86/xx
> And when we try python simple http server package and it works

As an immediate workaround, try to specify the mirror address without a
trailing slash.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...\0ТÒÐÐ¥\a&ö&ÆVÒ\a&W\x06÷'G3¢\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x06‡GG\x03¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒ÷\a&ö&ÆV×2æ‡FÖÀФd\x15\x13¢\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x06‡GG\x03¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöf\x17\x12ðФFö7VÖVçF\x17F–öã¢\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x06‡GG\x03¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöFö72æ‡FÖÀÐ¥Vç7V'67&–&R\x06–æfó¢\x02\x02\x02\x02\x02\x06‡GG\x03¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöÖÂò7Vç7V'67&–&R×6–×\x06ÆPРÐ

* Re: cygwin x86 setup issue:Can't connect to (null):80
@ 2017-10-25 21:35     ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-10-25 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-10-25 13:52, Lynn Lin wrote:
>> On 2017-10-24,9:23,Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:
>>> On 15/10/2017 02:39, Lynn Lin wrote:
>>> we are using our internal cygwin mirror(xx.xx.xx.xx:8000) and when we
>>> setup setup-x86.exe, it is in cygwin setup ui, show downloading and
>>> connecting, finally it show download incomplete, through the log, it
>>> shows:
>>> Can’t connect to (null):80 ,
>>> get_url_to_file failed !
>>> any idea about this issue?
>>
>> I thought perhaps setup couldn't handle a nonstandard port, but in my
>> testing, that seems to work ok.
>>
>> Can you provide a /var/log/setup.log.full showing this problem? (censoring
>> any details you don't want to make public)
> Thanks, no log available is right now
> We are using golang net/http to setup a http file share in OSX and looks it
> can’t handle “//“ for Cygwin packages path like http://xx.xx/cywin//x86/xx> And when we try python simple http server package and it works
Remove the extra slash above ...//... between cygwin and x86:
	http://cygwin.mirror.local:port/cygwin/x86/...
	                                      ^
as some Internet libraries and/or servers do not handle that by removing the
extra slash.

Best to paste the actual log content into the email or attach the log as text.

* Re: cygwin x86 setup issue:Can't connect to (null):80
@ 2017-10-25 19:52   ` Lynn Lin
From: Lynn Lin @ 2017-10-25 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, no log available is right now

We are using golang net/http to setup a http file share in OSX and looks it can’t handle “//“ for Cygwin packages path like http://xx.xx/cywin//x86/xx
And when we try python simple http server package and it works

发自我的 iPhone

@ 2017-10-24 13:23 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2017-10-24 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2017-10-15  1:39 Lynn Lin