* Re: cygwin x86 setup issue:Can't connect to (null):80
@ 2017-10-27 14:31 Fergus
From: Fergus @ 2017-10-27 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>> Oh, I get it.
>> You're just saying you update the (partial?) mirror in 'D:\cyg'.
>> Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Not at all. I guess I wasn't clear.
I run [quite a small subset of the complete] Cygwin from D:\consoleX.
I maintain the source at D:\cyg by checking it against a mirror
regularly - when out of date I wget what's needed including setup.ini
and setup.ini.sig. Then update from Local Directory using setup.
I'm still nervy of upversioning again to 2.882 from 2.880 but noting
your observant "time machine" comment and the dearth of "Me Too" on
the mailing list I'll give it another crack. If it works I'll forget
it once didn't; if it doesn't work I'll try to dig deeper.
Fergus

* Re: cygwin x86 setup issue:Can't connect to (null):80
@ 2017-10-26 15:52 Fergus
From: Fergus @ 2017-10-26 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>> .. we are using our internal cygwin mirror
>> .. when we setup x86-setup.exe .. it show download incomplete ..
>> I thought perhaps setup couldn't handle a nonstandard port ..

Not quite certain what is going on but something is, possibly related
to the latest recent up-versioning of the setup-x86 executable to
2.882?
Forever I have updated Cygwin using a Command Prompt window and the
typed command
setup-x86.exe -L D:\cyg -R D:\consoleX -gqnm
where the key switches are to update to the Cygwin provision located
at D:\consoleX from a local mirror located at D:\cyg.
(Previously I will have updated x86\setup.ini and x86\setup.ini.sig
and augmented x86\release\ so that everything is in place that is
needed.)
This command now fails, but too early in the process for a logfile to
be commenced. Basically the locally-based installation procedure
hangs.
I changed the command to update conventionally from the internet and
everything worked properly: the update occurred without a glitch.
Fergus

* cygwin x86 setup issue:Can't connect to (null):80
@ 2017-10-15  1:39 Lynn Lin
From: Lynn Lin @ 2017-10-15  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi ,
 we are using our internal cygwin mirror(xx.xx.xx.xx:8000) and when we setup x86-setup.exe ,it is in cygwin setup ui ,show downloading and connecting  ,finally it show download incomplete  ,through the log ,it shows
Can’t connect to (null):80 ,
get_url_to_file failed !

any idea about this issue?

Thanks