* Howto request an upgrade for keychain package
@ 2024-04-18 18:10 J M
From: J M @ 2024-04-18 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm having some problems (gpg2, and some for ssh management) with keychain
package: https://www.cygwin.com/packages/summary/keychain.html

It version is 2.7.1, can be upgraded to, by example the last 2.8.5?

It is here: https://github.com/funtoo/keychain/tree/2.8.5

Regards

* Re: Howto request an upgrade for keychain package
@ 2024-04-19 14:53 ` J M
From: J M @ 2024-04-19 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

El jue., 18 abr. 2024 20:10, J M <cesarjorgemartinez@gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having some problems (gpg2, and some for ssh management) with keychain
> package: https://www.cygwin.com/packages/summary/keychain.html
>
> It version is 2.7.1, can be upgraded to, by example the last 2.8.5?
>
> It is here: https://github.com/funtoo/keychain/tree/2.8.5
>
> Regards

Fow now, I implement a very weird implementation to fix this (very old
keychain version) in pseudocode:

If I am inside Cygwin and keychain version is 2.7.1 then:
curl -L -o /usr/bin/keychain
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/funtoo/keychain/2.8.5/keychain

But it is a weird workaround, you can upgrade this package? If not exists
any security problem clearly...

@ 2024-04-19 19:18   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2024-04-19 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2024-04-19 08:53, J M via Cygwin wrote:
> El jue., 18 abr. 2024 20:10, J M <cesarjorgemartinez@gmail.com> escribió:
>> I'm having some problems (gpg2, and some for ssh management) with keychain
>> package: https://www.cygwin.com/packages/summary/keychain.html
>>
>> It version is 2.7.1, can be upgraded to, by example the last 2.8.5?
>>
>> It is here: https://github.com/funtoo/keychain/tree/2.8.5

> Fow now, I implement a very weird implementation to fix this (very old
> keychain version) in pseudocode:
>
> If I am inside Cygwin and keychain version is 2.7.1 then:
> curl -L -o /usr/bin/keychain
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/funtoo/keychain/2.8.5/keychain
>
> But it is a weird workaround, you can upgrade this package? If not exists
> any security problem clearly...

The upstream repo has not been updated since 2018.
You might be better finding a more modern, secure, compatible login manager like
gnome-keyring or KDE kwalletmanager, or improved process like using known hosts
and authorized keys files to limit access.

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

* Re: Howto request an upgrade for keychain package
@ 2024-04-20  8:07     ` J M
From: J M @ 2024-04-20  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin