* Cygwin not present on control panel
@ 2023-05-10 12:02 Anderson
From: Anderson @ 2023-05-10 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi

I create a script to install cygwin by command line. It works fine.

However,  when i try to uninstall the Cygwin, é see that cygwin was not
present on Windows control panel softwares and programs.

My questions are:

1)How i uninstall cygwin on this case?

2)What i must have to add on my script to install cygwin and put it on
Windows control panel?

Thanks

* Re: Cygwin not present on control panel
@ 2023-05-10 12:40 ` rappard
From: rappard @ 2023-05-10 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anderson; +Cc: cygwin

Hi,

> I create a script to install cygwin by command line. It works fine.

Can you post your script here?

> However,  when i try to uninstall the Cygwin, é see that cygwin was not
> present on Windows control panel softwares and programs.

I used the normal setup-x86_64.exe procedure, and it's not in my
appwiz.cpl panel either.

> 1)How i uninstall cygwin on this case?

I usually simply delete my C:\bin\cygwin64\ folder and the registry
keys. Off the top of my head:
...\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cygwin,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygwin and one or two others.

--Martin

* Re: Cygwin not present on control panel
@ 2023-05-10 13:06   ` Anderson
From: Anderson @ 2023-05-10 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rappard; +Cc: cygwin