* cygwin
@ 2022-10-10 13:36 Betsy Baker
From: Betsy Baker @ 2022-10-10 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi Cygwin,

Would you like to communicate with all participants enrolled in the Automotive Interiors Expo 2022?

If so, please let me know so that I can assist you in obtaining a list of participants.

Best,
Betsy Baker
Event Analyst

* cygwin
@ 2022-10-12 13:46 Iris Quinn
From: Iris Quinn @ 2022-10-12 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi Team Cygwin,

Would you be interested in reaching out all the registered attendees from "Automotive Interiors Expo 2022"

All Contact are opt-in and permission based. The list is complete with full contact details.

Any interest? Let me know for more information & discount cost to acquire the list.

Regards,
Iris Quinn
Business Analyst

* cygwin
@ 2022-09-26 15:19 Bob Barrins
From: Bob Barrins @ 2022-09-26 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi Cygwin,

Would you like to communicate with all participants enrolled in the "American Society of Human Genetics - ASHG 2022"?

If so, please let me know so that I can assist you in obtaining a list of participants.

Best,

Bob Barrins

Event Analyst

* cygwin
@ 2022-09-26 13:36 Shane Dwyer
From: Shane Dwyer @ 2022-09-26 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi Cygwin,

Would you like to communicate with all participants enrolled in the "Automotive Interiors Expo 2022"?

If so, please let me know so that I can assist you in obtaining a list of participants.

Best,

Shane Dwyer

Event Analyst

* Cygwin
@ 2022-07-26 10:19 Steven Mcmanama
From: Steven Mcmanama @ 2022-07-26 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Would you like to communicate with all participants enrolled in The Clean Show?

If so, please let me know so that I can assist you in obtaining a list of participants.

Regards,
Steven Mcmanama
Business Analyst

* cygwin
@ 2021-11-12 12:49 Tom Harel
From: Tom Harel @ 2021-11-12 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi Team Cygwin,

Hope you are staying well & healthy during these unprecedented times and I wish this email finds your team well!

I am writing to confirm are you interested acquiring the list of Attendees?

Government Fleet Expo & Conference - GFX 2021

Please let me know your thoughts and I will be back with details for acquire the list. I am waiting for your response.

Thank you,
Tom Harel

* cygwin
@ 2013-09-20  1:16 ghjfyiangnwd1
From: ghjfyiangnwd1 @ 2013-09-20  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain;	charset="gb2312", Size: 579 bytes --]

|kA1S1yZu6Tk1aDZj8GgJk3VLzpjlFwpx6bLYeeGZnfa0
|´ú      |      µç
|é_      |      »°
|°l      |      1
|Ʊ      |      3
|Ñé      |      4
|Ö¤      |      3
|ºó      |      0
|¸¶      |      8
|¿î      |      2
|±£      |      7
|Õæ      |      5
|Àî      |      0
|¾­      |      8
|Àí
|36SIOoj7Xk2J1NDhWilN8JvEpA9P7NtWPQwc4kiaM

* Re: CYGWIN
@ 2011-05-06 16:16 ` Illia Bobyr
From: Illia Bobyr @ 2011-05-06 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 5/6/2011 10:27 AM, rdickert@cinci.rr.com wrote:

> Technical assistance required - TIA
>
> I'm presently a software packager taking applications from XP and
> porting them/repackaging them
> to W7 - 64-bit.  The current version on site is  1.5.12 and I believe
> the latest is 1.7.9-1.
>
> In order to package this correctly, I need to find out all of the
> modules / apps that are being
> installed into cygwin

"cygcheck -c -d" will list all the packages installed into the current
Cygwin environment along with their versions.
This will give you a list of package names in a pkg.list file:

cygcheck -c -d | tail -n +3 | awk '{print $1}' > pkg.list

> and then select/install those same modules on the W7 platform.

setup.exe can download selected packages, I guess, along with all the
dependencies and it can install from a local directory.
It also can be controlled from the command line (see "setup.exe --help").
It seems that it would be possible to download all the packages from a
list on one machine and then install them on another machine, but I can
not make setup download a list of packages from a file.  I images that
this would work:

/c/Installs/Cygwin/setup --download --local-package-dir
'c:\temp\local-packages' --packages $(< pkg.list)

but it does not...

Another option would be fetching the packages from one of the mirrors.
For example http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/cygwin/release/.
There is a file that setup uses to map package names to the
corresponding files: http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/cygwin/setup.ini
A rather simple awk script can give you a list of URL to fetch given a
list of package names.  But, considering that I am not 100% sure that I
got your initial question right I'm not writing it right now ;)
Besides, maybe someone will show how to use setup.exe for the task.

> The other issue is I need to download the complete version without
> running setup as the firewall/proxy
> won't cooperate with setup.exe.

Setup.exe can deal with proxies.  If your IE can fetch files, setup.exe
should be able as well.
Just use the IE settings in the setup.exe.
Alternatively, if your IE is using a script to configure its proxy
settings, just download the script - for me it is a simple JavaScript
and the proxy IP is right there.

Ilya Bobyr

* Re: CYGWIN
@ 2011-05-06 15:32 ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2011-05-06 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 05/06/2011 09:27 AM, rdickert@cinci.rr.com wrote:
> Technical assistance required - TIA
>
> I'm presently a software packager taking applications from XP and porting them/repackaging them
> to W7 - 64-bit.  The current version on site is  1.5.12 and I believe the latest is 1.7.9-1.

Cygwin is a 32-bit dll.  So all cygwin apps are necessarily 32-bit apps.

And that isn't going to change without a LOT of porting effort.  Patches
welcome.  But in the meantime, you'll save yourself a LOT of effort by
using pre-built 32-bit cygwin binaries on 64-bit W7, rather than trying
to rebuild everything from scratch, and instead you should focus your
efforts on helping improve cygwin1.dll to be useful as a 64-bit dll.

* CYGWIN
@ 2011-05-06 15:28 rdickert
From: rdickert @ 2011-05-06 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: rdickert

Technical assistance required - TIA

I'm presently a software packager taking applications from XP and porting them/repackaging them
to W7 - 64-bit.  The current version on site is  1.5.12 and I believe the latest is 1.7.9-1.

In order to package this correctly, I need to find out all of the modules / apps that are being
installed into cygwin and then select/install those same modules on the W7 platform.
Is there some type of command / process that would tell me the information I need?
I'm not a Linux/Unix person and I'm asking for assistance.

The other issue is I need to download the complete version without running setup as the firewall/proxy
won't cooperate with setup.exe.  I don't feel it is my responsibility to go to my home and download
it and bring it in but I will if I have to.

Is there the possibility to acquire a CD/DVD?

Again, thanks in advance.

Bob

* Re: cygwin
@ 2009-07-27  6:42 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2009-07-27  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 03:35:51AM -0700, leena21 wrote:

>hi all,
>
>I would appriciaite if some can tell me which  floating point format is used
>in Cygwin environment ?

Please don't use the mailing list address as the subject of
your messages.  Choose an appropriate subject and don't feed
the spammers.

* Re: Cygwin
@ 2008-10-30  3:22       ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2008-10-30  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2008-10-30 01:38Z, DrJeckyl wrote:
>> It still does not work, I can run it on my laptop and it works fine, on the
>> other laptop it does not work, any other ideas?
>
> Run 'cygcheck' in the manner suggested here:
>
>>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
> on both machines, and compare the results. If that doesn't help,
> then try the full procedure recommended on the "problems" page.

And please send any follow-up that may result from this to the
Cygwin-X list.

Holliston, MA 01746

* Re: Cygwin
@ 2008-10-30  1:50     ` Greg Chicares
From: Greg Chicares @ 2008-10-30  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2008-10-30  1:49     ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2008-10-30  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>  Reformatted.
DrJeckyl wrote:
 > Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
 >> DrJeckyl wrote:
 >>> I've instlled cygwin on two laptops and it works fine, on another laptop
 >>> it
 >>> wont launch xterm
 >>> a. run starwin.bat
 >>> b. login to server (ssh -l <userID><servername>
 >>> c. xterm
 >>> It wont launch the xterm window, can anybody give me some ideas? I really
 >>> need some help
 >>> Thanks
 >> First, make sure the X server is running on your local machine.  Second,
 >> use 'ssh -Y -l <userID> <servername>'.  That should work.
 >
> Larry,
>
> It still does not work, I can run it on my laptop and it works fine, on the
> other laptop it does not work, any other ideas?

A couple at least.  First, this is not really the list for X-related
questions.  Since this is more X than not, you should follow-up on the
correct list, cygwin-x at cygwin dot com.  Second, if the above was
not enough to get things to work, then you should read and follow the
problem reporting guidelines to bootstrap any further analysis that
people on the Cygwin-X list may want to do.  You can find the
guidelines here - <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Holliston, MA 01746

* Re: Cygwin
@ 2008-10-30  1:39   ` DrJeckyl
From: DrJeckyl @ 2008-10-30  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Larry,

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> DrJeckyl wrote:
>> I've instlled cygwin on two laptops and it works fine, on another laptop
>> it
>> wont launch xterm
>> a. run starwin.bat
>> b. login to server (ssh -l <userID><servername>
>> c. xterm
>> It wont launch the xterm window, can anybody give me some ideas? I really
>> need some help
>> Thanks
>
> First, make sure the X server is running on your local machine.  Second,
> use 'ssh -Y -l <userID> <servername>'.  That should work.
>
> --
> Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> 216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
> Holliston, MA 01746

* Re: Cygwin
@ 2008-10-30  1:25 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2008-10-30  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2008-10-30  1:19 DrJeckyl
From: DrJeckyl @ 2008-10-30  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've instlled cygwin on two laptops and it works fine, on another laptop it
wont launch xterm
a. run starwin.bat
b. login to server (ssh -l <userID><servername>
c. xterm
It wont launch the xterm window, can anybody give me some ideas? I really
need some help
Thanks

* re: cygwin
       [not found] <61152.84.190.50.192.1154366859.squirrel@webmail.charite.de>
@ 2006-07-31 20:35 ` Igor Peshansky
From: Igor Peshansky @ 2006-07-31 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. Christoph Gille; +Cc: cygwin

Christoph,

Please do not send private email with Cygwin questions unless specifically
requested.  Read <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE> for details.  I set
my Reply-To: header for a reason -- please make sure your mailer respects
it.

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Dr. Christoph Gille wrote:

> Dear Igor,
>
> many thanks for your help, I had a few tests and I guess it will work.
>
> I will start setup.exe interactively with the options -l and -R to give
> the user the chance to chose a close mirror and to use a Proxy.
>
> I do not expect that setup.exe is able to fetch the proxy setting from
> IE or to select the closest mirror so better I run it interactively at
> the first time.

When "Use IE5 Settings" is selected, setup will not *copy* settings from
IE -- it will actually *use* IE to connect and retrieve documents, with
all the default settings.

However, the command-line options only specify defaults -- the user is
free to change those defaults inside the setup session.

> Subsequently I append the  "gcc-core" to the file "installed.db"
> and start a  quiet setup.exe run with option -q.

Make sure installed.db actually *exists* before doing this.

> I am sure it will work.
> Thanks again for your help
> Christoph

You're welcome, glad it helped.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"

* Re: cygwin
       [not found] <64932.84.190.50.192.1154335251.squirrel@webmail.charite.de>
@ 2006-07-31 14:28 ` Igor Peshansky
From: Igor Peshansky @ 2006-07-31 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. Christoph Gille; +Cc: cygwin

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Dr. Christoph Gille wrote:

> Dear Mr Pechtcha,

Peshansky, actually...

> Searching the mailing-list for an answer to my CYGWIN problem I found
> a posting from you about a related topic and hope that you might be
> able to help me.
>
> Please appologize that I contact you directly before
> posting to the mailing list

As described in <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE>, it's almost always
better to post to the list, unless private email is specifically requested
by the other party.

> The Java program I write has some embedded C and Fortran source code
> and therefore requires standard compilers which are absent on XP and
> Windows2000.
>
> Therefore the Java program downloads cygwin setup.exe and launches
> setup.exe.
>
> Before launching setup.exe it tells the user to select the program
> gnu-make and the compilers for C, C++ and f77 in the devel group.
>
> I would prefere if it could select it automatically to enable
> unattended installation of these software components.
>
> Further I want the installation in driveLetter:\cygwin\ because the
> Java program needs to find the cygwin installation on HD.
>
> The only choice the user has to make is the driveLetter.
>
> What would be the best way to initiate a tailored installation on
> a client running my Java program.

Cygwin setup.exe supports a variety of command-line options.  Googling for
"cygwin setup command-line options" should unearth a list (or run "setup
--help" and examine the file setup.log).  You might have better luck with
newer setup snapshots (from <http://cygwin.com/setup/snapshots>).

Selecting packages might be a problem in your situation.  There's an
experimental patch for package selection via the command line -- search
the cygwin-apps list archives.  If you are willing to setup a mirror site
for your users, you can use the empty package with dependences trick that
I posted numerous times to the Cygwin mailing list (Google for "cygwin
automated install").

> Many thanks for your help
> Christoph Gille
>
> P.S.
>
> I think that this is a general problem
> which should be in in the FAQs. What is your opinion ?

There are too many variations for this to make a concise FAQ entry.
Perhaps a chapter in the User's Guide?
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI> and <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC>.
HTH,
	Igor
--

@ 2006-07-31  9:39 Dr. Christoph Gille
From: Dr. Christoph Gille @ 2006-07-31  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Dear David

[...]

* RE: cygwin
       [not found] <000601c641d2$add590b0$6600a8c0@SCOTT>
@ 2006-03-07 18:05 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-03-07 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Scott Wettstein'; +Cc: cygwin

On 07 March 2006 10:34, Scott Wettstein wrote:

> Dave~
>
> I recently came across your post from last October 2005 about "RE:
> AllVersions: Running Cygwin X w/ Registy Entries." You showed how to use
> "./ls" instead of "ls" I'm brand new at bash and I'm not really sure how it
> works. My problem is this: when I try to do "ls" I get the "command not
> found" error. "/bin/ls" and "/usr/bin/ls" and "./ls" all work fine, but how
> do I get just plain "ls" to work? Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> ~Scott

  http://cygwin.com/acronyms#PPIOSPE
  Seriously, it's far more likely to bring /you/ what /you/ want if you do so.
When I receive unsolicited email requests for help from complete strangers I'm
as likely to bin them and spam-block the sender as to feel inclined to give up
my time to help.

  http://cygwin.com/acronyms#RTFM
  I don't think you've read the user guide and the FAQ yet.  Expecting random
strangers to solve your problems for you when you haven't even done your basic
homework is of questionable politeness at the very least.

  http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.path
  http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.not-found
  These FAQ entries relate to not being able to find executables when you'd
expect to.

  http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html
  http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html
  Specifically, I suspect your problem is most likely you haven't got your
/etc/passwd and /etc/groups files created yet, or you've changed your HOME
environment variable.

  It really sounds like you need to get a book or two and read them, some
introductory texts on the fundamentals of Linux/Unix and command shell usage
should set you well on the way.

    cheers,
      DaveK

PS.  Your blog's a bit overly generic, innit?! :-)

* RE: cygwin
@ 2004-06-14  9:51 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2004-06-14  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: risalya aldin @ 2004-06-14  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yyyyy50; +Cc: cygwin

hello there sorry i need help here!
when apache well installed in cygwin and the
servername is localhost.
can i open that site by internet-explore not use
lynx http://localhost

thank you

* cygwin
@ 2004-03-04 19:53 news.gmane.org
From: news.gmane.org @ 2004-03-04 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have posted the following message to a nutch mail list, I'm wondering if
anyone here can tell me whats happening?

TIA

Hi,

I'm sorry that I need to bother you with my possible newbie question but...
I really want to test nutch :)

I am setting up a small windows installation to test nutch.

I have followed the tutorial, and I now have Java, tomcat, cygwin running.
The problem occurs when I run "bin/nutch admin db -create". I get the
following error: " Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not
reserve enough space for object heap " I'm thinking that this means that I
need to raise the amount of virtual memory that cygwin is using. I have set
the maximum memory to 4 gigs using these instruction:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-maxmem.html

But I seem to be getting the same error...

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Dave Wolowicz

Web Developer

University of Victoria

* Re: cygwin
@ 2002-11-21  9:15     ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2002-11-21  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry Geis; +Cc: cygwin

Jerry,

You are having a problem with LINE, not Cygwin.  This is off-topic for
this list.  You may have better luck trying a LINE mailing list, or
contacting the LINE developer: http://line.sourceforge.net/contact.php

This doesn't mean you're not welcome to submit a question to this list
that's related to Cygwin...
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51

* Re: cygwin
@ 2002-11-21  8:48   ` Jerry Geis
From: Jerry Geis @ 2002-11-21  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Daniel Franklin; +Cc: cygwin

       [not found] <200211210933.58117.geisj@pagestation.com>
@ 2002-11-21  7:55 ` Joshua Daniel Franklin
From: Joshua Daniel Franklin @ 2002-11-21  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: geisj; +Cc: cygwin

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 1695 bytes --]

       [not found] <200211202246.43715.geisj@pagestation.com>
@ 2002-11-21  7:06 ` Joshua Daniel Franklin
From: Joshua Daniel Franklin @ 2002-11-21  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: geisj; +Cc: cygwin

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 986 bytes --]

--- Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:
> I am new to cygwin. I have it all installed.
> I was hoping I could take an ELF executable that I
> made on my linux box and just run it in the cygwin
> environment.

No, Cygwin can only run Windows executables. What you're
looking for is something like LINE:

http://line.sourceforge.net

> When I do that I get:
>
> Sytax Error: "(" expected

This error actually looks like you might be trying to recompile
your software, which *is* what Cygwin is about. I'm afraid that
without more information, though, there's no way to diagnose.

Hmm, this may be becoming an FAQ.

* RE: Cygwin
@ 2002-09-11 13:00 Dicks Brian R Civ AFRL/VACD
From: Dicks Brian R Civ AFRL/VACD @ 2002-09-11 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

I do use the IE5 setting though. And I've been trying different locations.

Brian

From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2002-09-11 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dicks Brian R Civ AFRL/VACD; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2002-09-11 11:20 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-09-11 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 02:09:17PM -0400, Dicks Brian R Civ AFRL/VACD wrote:
>I tried there and I am having the same problem.  It tells me it cannot
>find ash-2002...

Which mirror is having problems?

cgf

>Brian

* RE: Cygwin
@ 2002-09-11 11:14 Dicks Brian R Civ AFRL/VACD
From: Dicks Brian R Civ AFRL/VACD @ 2002-09-11 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

@ 2002-08-27  7:33 Mike Westkamper
From: Mike Westkamper @ 2002-08-27  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Perhaps someone will be kind enough to point me in the right direction... I
am trying to minimize the cygwin configuration to support one program; the
ISC DHCP server. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

This message is private and contains confidential information intended only
for the use of the recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error
and are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, copy or distribute
it to anyone else. Please advise the sender immediately,
mjwestkamper@weiinc.com, and delete this email and all attachments.

* Re: cygwin
       [not found] <20020321004935.50450.qmail@web13908.mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2002-03-20 17:08 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2002-03-20 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: C. Han; +Cc: Earnie Boyd

Yes,  you didn't use the prescribed method to install it.

http://cygwin.com/setup.exe

Earnie.

"C. Han" wrote:

> Sorry to bother you but I thought maybe you could help me with this
>
> I got gcc package 2.95.3-5 and whenever i try to compile something it
> gives me a error of cannot find -luser32 do you know if I am missing
> an argument? or something. Thanks

* Cygwin
@ 2001-08-14  7:39 ` T.Phan
From: T.Phan @ 2001-08-14  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

  Is there a Cygwin Perl mailing list?  Or are there any users
  using Cygwin perl?

  I have a lot of question regarding Cygwin Perl which I do not
  which list is the correct list to post.  THanks!

From: Michael A. Chase @ 2001-07-03 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vrijlal M S, cygwin

I strongly suggest you move your effort to the latest web release of Cygwin
(1.3.2) which is available at http:/cygwin.com/ .  Many bugs were fixed and
many capabilities were added since the Beta versions.

If Tornado requires an obsolete version of Cygwin, you should re-evaluate
your dependence on it.  Requiring an obsolete environment indicates a basic
problem that will only get worse in the future.
--
Mac :})
From: Vrijlal M S @ 2001-07-03 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi

we are porting NSPR API to VxWorks and Tornado is using Cygwin19.
so it gives error like "make aborted" on cygwin19 and no
problems with cygwin20. Thats why i need it.

regs.
Vrijlal.

--

Feel good by telling yourself that
today will be your day to excel and

* cygwin
@ 2001-04-25 11:05 Miles Teugioux
From: Miles Teugioux @ 2001-04-25 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi

i just wanted to say I downloaded and installed cygwin on my Win2k laptop
and think its pretty damn cool. i am a unix guy that gets lost in
windows, and i've started to use cygwin to write silly little utilities in
C (using  cygwin) to help automate some tasks on my laptop. just wanted to
let you know that i'm impressed. keep up the good work!

miles.

* Re: Cygwin
@ 2001-04-03  7:49   ` Jesper Eskilson
From: Jesper Eskilson @ 2001-04-03  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles S. Wilson; +Cc: Ofir Gilboa, 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

As someone who likes informative subject lines: wouldn't it be nice if
people could use a little more informative subject than just "Cygwin",
since the entire list is about that?

Just a suggestion.

/Jesper
--
Jesper Eskilson
Virtutech AB

* Re: Cygwin
@ 2001-04-02 12:41 ` Michael A. Chase
From: Michael A. Chase @ 2001-04-02 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ofir Gilboa, cygwin

Do you have the Win32 native port of ncftp on your machine as well as the
Cygwin port?
--
Mac :})
** I normally forward private database questions to the DBI mail lists. **
From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2001-04-02  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ofir Gilboa; +Cc: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Ofir Gilboa wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm using Cygwin and I tried to use "ncftpget" with it,
> I tried: ncftpget -u my_user -p wrong_pwd 10.0.0.10 . "*.dat"
> In the command line it it throw me an error that the user/password is wrong
> (and that's ok , I wanted to check error handling)
> but when I insert it into a file and I ran it from the file
> it throws me an error window (I'm using NT 4 ) !
>
> do you know about this problem ?

I can't reproduce your problem.  what is the value of your 'CYGWIN'
environment variable?

--Chuck

* Cygwin
@ 2001-04-02  6:23 Ofir Gilboa
From: Ofir Gilboa @ 2001-04-02  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Hello

I'm using Cygwin and I tried to use "ncftpget" with it,
I tried: ncftpget -u my_user -p wrong_pwd 10.0.0.10 . "*.dat"
In the command line it it throw me an error that the user/password is wrong
(and that's ok , I wanted to check error handling)
but when I insert it into a file and I ran it from the file
it throws me an error window (I'm using NT 4 ) !

do you know about this problem ?

thanks

Ofir Gilboa
InirU Israel Ltd.

mailto:ofirg@iniru.com < mailto:ofirg@iniru.com >
Tel: +972-9-7668020 ext.114
Fax: +972-9-7668025
Mobile: +972-54-330526

* Re: Cygwin
@ 2001-03-12 17:32 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-03-12 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kalkoul Morad, fkoop; +Cc: cygwin

<Am 2001-03-12 18:08 wars, als Kalkoul Morad schrieb:>
< Cygwin >

Hi Kalkoul,

> 	I've read in Cygwin Archives that you you have already installed
> Cygwin and that you have had some problems with Inetd. I would like to say
> how start my Inetd on my Cygwig.
> Today I've installed Cygwig on an Nt Server. I generated with iu-config
> /etc/inetd.conf and some but there is  any /etc/services . How obtain tihs
> files and how start inetd to do telnet and FTP.

This is from the readme-file in /usr/doc/cygwin/inetutils...

Read the rest, there are more infos, too.

The important features in brief
================================

- inetd:

  Under W9X inetd can be started from a shell prompt or from the
  autostart folder.

  Under NT/W2K inetd must be started from service manager. It
  must not be started via SRVANY but it has two new options
  to install or remove it as service:

        inetd --install-as-service
        inetd --remove-as-service

  When you already have an older version of inetd installed,
  please remove the service before installing the new one.

  After you have installed inetd it will be started automatically
  on reboot. Manually starting and stopping is possible via

        net start inetd
        net stop inetd

  Current caveat: inetd is visible twice in the process list.
  This is currently needed to work correctly with the service
  manager. This should be solved in a future release.

  If you don't start inetd as service under LocalSystem but under
  another account, you have to care that that account has several
  user rights set in the user manager resp. local/domain security
  policy mmc snap in:
        "Act as part of the operating system"
        "Replace process level token"
        "Increase quotas"
        "Logon as a service"
  Note that administrators do not have all that user rights set
  by default!

  For all application started via NT/W2K service manager under
  LocalSystem account, the following restrictions apply:

  - The environment variable CYGWIN must be either set in the system
    environment to be active from start on or you can set CYGWIN thru
    the registry:
    Under the key HKLM\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
    create a key of type REG_SZ (String) named like the full DOS path
    to the application, eg. "C:\usr\bin\inetd.exe" and with the value
    equal to the preferred CYGWIN settings, eg "binmode tty ntsec".

  - The system environment variable PATH must contain the path
    to the directory which contains the cygwin1.dll.

  - No user mount point is valid anymore! You have to install all
    your mount points in the system mount table. This doesn't
    change after you have logged in to a normal user account eg.
    via telnet/rlogin. It's possible that we can use the user
    mounts as soon as somebody contributes a patch to login and
    ftp that allows loading a user hive into the registry after
    authentication.

--
=^..^= gerrit.haase@t-online.de
PGP-Key: 0x28A05137 [875C 745E 01CF 8A34 2767  BE39 305E 5261 28A0 5137]

* Cygwin
@ 2001-03-12  9:09 Kalkoul Morad
From: Kalkoul Morad @ 2001-03-12  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'fkoop@debis.com', 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

	I've read in Cygwin Archives that you you have already installed
Cygwin and that you have had some problems with Inetd. I would like to say
how start my Inetd on my Cygwig.
Today I've installed Cygwig on an Nt Server. I generated with iu-config
/etc/inetd.conf and some but there is  any /etc/services . How obtain tihs
files and how start inetd to do telnet and FTP.

Best regards and thanks in advance, Morad KALKOUL.

* Re: Cygwin
       [not found] ` <00122116343506.10826@cygbert>
@ 2000-12-21  7:40   ` Philip Humeniuk
From: Philip Humeniuk @ 2000-12-21  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen

Sorry, I didn't receive your reply.

At 04:34 PM 12/21/00 +0100, you wrote:
>On Thursday 21 December 2000 15:43, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >       We are presently running wu-ftp on a Solaris/Unix box and within the
> > next few days porting over
> > to NT server.
> >
> > I've installed Cygwin on the NT box and was wondering if the ftpd
> > would give me the "FTPACCESS" (aliases, paths..etc) functionality
> > like on the UNIX box?
>
>I already answered that question in the mailing list and I would
>appreciate if you ask Cygwin related questions only in the mailing
>list. There's no need to send email to my personal account since
>I'm reading the mailing list al the time.
>
>Thanks,
>Corinna
>
>--
>Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
>Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
>Red Hat, Inc.

Philip Humeniuk
Senior Systems Analyst/Developer
CCH Canadian Limited
90 Sheppard Ave. East, Suite 300
North York, Ontario M2N 6X1
CANADA
Email: phil@ca.cch.com < mailto:phil@ca.cch.com >
Tel: 416-224-2224, x6399
Fax: 416-224-0729

* Cygwin
@ 2000-06-15 20:36 Peter Rasmussen
From: Peter Rasmussen @ 2000-06-15 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello

I donÂ’t know if this is the right place to ask for support.

IÂ’m having trouble installing your Cygwin software.  Can you tell me if IÂ’m
using ‘Setup.exe’ correctly?  I have layed out my procedure below.

I downloaded all the files from:
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/latest/
to the D:\ directory.

In my C:\ directory I created a folder called “cygnus” and in that a folder
called “cygwin-b20”.

I ran Setup.exe.  At the prompt:
Root directory? [C:\]

If I just hit enter (without having put folders in in advance) it throws a
large number of loose files straight into the C:\ directory.  It does not
create a cygnus folder.

When I type in:
\cygnus\cygwin-b20

Setup puts 4 folders in the “cygwin-b20” folder.  In the C:\ directory it
puts:
Var,bin,etc (folders)
inetutils-1.3.2.README
login.README
uninst

It puts a MS DOS shortcut called
“Cygwin 1.1.0” in my ‘Start’ menu.  When I click on it, it reboots the
computer in DOS and stops at a black screen which says:
“Windows 98 is now starting your MS DOS based program.

DOSkey installed.

Warning:  The lock command enables direct disc access by programs that can
corrupt file names or destroy disc data resulting in the loss of files on
your disc.

Are you sure (Y/N)?”

On answering ‘y’ yes it returns “Bad file command…” and reboots to windows.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Peter

* Re: cygwin
@ 2000-05-31  0:48 ` Heinz-Juergen Oertel
From: Heinz-Juergen Oertel @ 2000-05-31  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dietmar Lettau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use cygwin with w98.
> My question: how to install a thing like "/etc/profiles" or ~/.bashrc ?
> I want automatically some aliases to be loaded at startup.
>
> The bash uses c:\ as root (I assume: there lies the .bash_history), but
> it won't help when I place a '.bashrc' there (written with lower case).
>
> Please excuse my bad english,
>
> greetings
> Dietmar
>
> --

for using these files (.profile, .bashrc) in a "home"
you must have a HOME variable set with your home-path.

mkdir /home
mkdir /home/dietmar

cp .bashrc /home/dietmar

HOME must e set before calling bash, e.g. in a startup.bat (cygnus.bat)
set HOME c:\home\dietmar

works for me with cygwin b20.1

--
with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
port GmbH            phone +49 345 77755-0
Regensburger Str. 7c fax   +49 345 77755-20
D-06132 Halle/Saale  mailto:oe@port.de
Germany              http://www.port.de

* Re: cygwin
@ 2000-05-30 23:36 Michael Ring
From: Michael Ring @ 2000-05-30 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 31 May 00 04:41:38 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use cygwin with w98.
>My question: how to install a thing like "/etc/profiles" or ~/.bashrc ?

Start bash; then type:

mkdir /etc (This might fail if /etc already exists)
cd /etc
cygpath -w /etc

You will now have the Windows directory path of /etc

You can then copy your profile (!! without 's' !!) file with explorer
or create a new profile from within bash.

now issue the command

ls -l /etc

from within your bash shell. You should see your profile and perhaps other files
like termcap.
Please make sure that profile does not end with the extension .txt or .doc!

now type:

cat /etc/profile

does the result look like a plain textfile ? Fine, go on

now type:

sh /etc/profile

if this works without an error you are done with profile.

Now type:

cd
cygpath -w ~

This sequence of commands has brought you in your home-directory, You now also
have the Windows Path to your home.

You can now test if there really is a .bashrc:

ls -l .bashrc

or

ls -l ~/.bashrc

>I want automatically some aliases to be loaded at startup.
>
>The bash uses c:\ as root (I assume: there lies the .bash_history), but
>it won't help when I place a '.bashrc' there (written with lower case).

Just in case, I have included a .bashrc and a profile as an attachment to this
mail. If they fail, you are really in trouble.

>Please excuse my bad english,

Same with me ;-)

Michael Ring

>greetings
>Dietmar
Binary data
Binary data

[-- Attachment #2: bin00000.bin --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 61 bytes --]

echo "I am now in .bashrc"

echo "I am leaving .bashrc now"

[-- Attachment #3: bin00001.bin --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 61 bytes --]

echo "I am now in profile"

echo "I am leaving profile now"

* cygwin
@ 2000-05-30 19:40 Dietmar Lettau
From: Dietmar Lettau @ 2000-05-30 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-01-25  9:06 Krista DePoy
From: Krista DePoy @ 2000-01-25  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Hello, how much is this application running these days?

* CYGWIN
@ 1999-11-30 23:39 ` Cyrille Ribstein
From: Cyrille Ribstein @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

need help
i'm french and i look after CYGWIN,please could you help me to find
int on the W.W.W.
thanks!

* Re: CYGWIN
@ 1999-11-30 23:39 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cyrille Ribstein, cygwin

--- Cyrille Ribstein <c_ribstein@hotmail.com> wrote:
> need help
> i'm french and i look after CYGWIN,please could you help me to find
> int on the W.W.W.
> thanks!

I hope you are asking where you can find the correct URL address to the Cygwin
UNIX Utilities for Win32.  That would be http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

Good Luck,
Earnie.

J'espère que vous demandez où vous pouvez trouver l'adresse URL Correcte aux
utilitaires de Cygwin UNIX pour Win32. Ce serait
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

Bonne Chance, Earnie.

=====
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
Cygwin Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

* Re: CYGWIN
@ 1999-11-24  8:10 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-11-24  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cyrille Ribstein, cygwin

@ 1999-11-24  7:34 Cyrille Ribstein
From: Cyrille Ribstein @ 1999-11-24  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` ???? ????
From: ???? ???? @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Anybody know why I can't run cygwin-b20.
I am trying to set up my own MUD on win95.

The error I get on  cygwin-b20 is:
Out of environment space
Bad command or file name

I finally got bash to work seperatly. (at least I think it works)
But none of the commands work.  Ls, mkdir, mount, none of them work.
I need some help getting it to work.

* Re: Cygwin
@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ???? ????; +Cc: cygwin

Read FAQ or install Jan 15th snapshot.
It is WIn95 specific issue.

Suhaib

@ 1999-09-26 17:43 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-09-26 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ???? ????; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-09-26 17:25 ???? ????
From: ???? ???? @ 1999-09-26 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-06-30 22:10   ` Joshua Rosen
From: Joshua Rosen @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Edin Pjetrovic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I go into a Unix shell from a Dos prompt the only way I can execute the
> program is by typing:
>
> $ sh dbutil
>
> instead of just:
>
> $ dbutil.

	This looks like the classic problem with the current directory not being in
the PATH environment variable, where DOS users typically expect it to be....
	Try `export PATH=$PATH:.' when you start the shell (this puts the current
directory into the search-path), or use `./dbutil' instead of 'dbutil' (the
same goes for whatever is called from that script--if it's not in your PATH,
you need to specify where it is).

		-Rozzin.

* Cygwin
@ 1999-06-30 22:10 ` Edin Pjetrovic
From: Edin Pjetrovic @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I downloaded the Cygwin software on my Windows NT PC.  I would like to run a UNIX
shell program that calls some other shell scripts in the same folder from my PC.
When I go into a Unix shell from a Dos prompt the only way I can execute the
program is by typing:

$ sh dbutil

instead of just:

$ dbutil.

When this (dbutil) scripts starts executing it then calls a couple of other scripts
in the same folder but I then get an error the these scipt names are not found but
they are in the same directory.

I think it's because I just can execute a Unix shell script from the command line
without the 'sh' in front of it.

Please help if you have any idea what I should do.

Thank You very much.

Regards,

Edin Pjetrovic
New York, NY