From: "Peter A. Castro" <doctor@fruitbat.org>
To: Herbert Stocker <hersto@gmx.de>
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: WinXP is dead [WAS: 2.6.x: broken compatibility with Wine]
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 01:04:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016, Herbert Stocker wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 23:11:16 +0100
> From: Herbert Stocker <hersto@gmx.de>
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: Re: WinXP is dead [WAS: 2.6.x: broken compatibility with Wine]
>
> Hi,

Greetings, Herbert,

> On 10.11.2016 04:21, Andrey Gursky wrote:
>> Regarding cygwin time machine. I can't use it, since cygwin
>> is compiled for MSYS2. And then it is being run under Wine
>> on GNU/Linux.
>
> So we have two people who have difficulty using time machine.
>
> i did download setup.exe and the binary packages of the last
> version with XP support using the "Download but don't Install"
> feature of setup.exe . (But i never tested if it's usable).

I don't understand.  What difficulty did you have?  It sounds like you
successfully downloaded (I presume) the 32-bit packages from the Time
Machine?  What was difficult about it?  I really want to know.
If it's just *slow*, well, yes, that's a know problem. :-/

Also, did you pull the source packages?  I recall that one of the
requirements is that you provide the source packages along with the binary
packages.
(I expect Corinna will correct me if I'm wrong about that).

> Now i would like to provide them on an HTTP Server.

If you do, please let me know so I can add reference to it in the Time
Machine webpage.

> i think setup.exe can use such a repository.

If it helps, I have been collecting versions of setup as well.  I just
don't have an exposed list for that (yet).

> Right now i'm not sure if i have to ask for permission to do
> so given it is open source.
> Am i allowed to do this?

I think you have to say "Pretty Please with Sugar on Top!"  :-D

--
--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com