* gnome-terminal desktop shortcut
@ 2019-09-02  5:14 Amadeus WM via cygwin
From: Amadeus WM via cygwin @ 2019-09-02  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I installed cygwin 3.0.7 about 2 weeks ago and everything seems fine.
I start the X server from the command line with startxwin.

What I'd like to do is to set up a desktop shortcut for gnome-terminal.
I have defined the DISPLAY=":0.0" option in windows, and from mintty I can start gnome-terminal
with no problems. I tried to set up a windows shortcut with this command:

C:\cygwin64\bin\gnome-terminal.exe --display=":0.0" --  C:\cygwin64\bin\bash --login -i

I also tried different variations on this, e.g. do not tell it to run bash at all,
run bash, but specify the POSIX path, etc.

The result is always the same: a window pops up for a fraction of a second and disappears.

What do I need to do to get the gnome-terminal shortcut working? Like the mintty
(cygwin-terminal) is working.

Thanks!