* Change mail address
@ 2022-09-06 17:21 Federico Kircheis
From: Federico Kircheis @ 2022-09-06 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

in the email I received when I registered myself to the cygwin mailing
list, it was possible to "send" some administrative commands, for example:

----
for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your
<cygwin-apps-subscribe-john=host.domain@cygwin.com>
----

As I am not using the current address as main address anymore, but the
command does not work; I've received an automatic reply with error 550
that the address was not found

I've reported the issue to cygwin-apps-owner@cygwin.com (as suggested in
the registration email), but never got a response (this was three months
ago).

Who do I need to contact for updating my mail address?

I am also maintaining a couple of program, I'm mentioning just in case
it is relevant.

Best

Federico

* Re: Change mail address
@ 2022-09-06 17:41 ` Norton Allen
From: Norton Allen @ 2022-09-06 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Federico Kircheis, cygwin

On 9/6/2022 1:21 PM, Federico Kircheis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the email I received when I registered myself to the cygwin mailing
> list, it was possible to "send" some administrative commands, for
> example:
>
> ----
> You can start a subscription for an alternate address,
> for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your
> address (with '=' instead of '@') after the command word:
> <cygwin-apps-subscribe-john=host.domain@cygwin.com>
> ----
>
> As I am not using the current address as main address anymore, but the
> command does not work; I've received an automatic reply with error 550
> that the address was not found
>
> I've reported the issue to cygwin-apps-owner@cygwin.com (as suggested
> in the registration email), but never got a response (this was three
> months ago).
>
> Who do I need to contact for updating my mail address?
>

> I am also maintaining a couple of program, I'm mentioning just in case
> it is relevant.
>
> Best
>
> Federico

Have you tried the form here:

* Re: Change mail address
@ 2022-09-06 17:51   ` Federico Kircheis
From: Federico Kircheis @ 2022-09-06 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Sep 06, 2022 at 01:41:35PM -0400, Norton Allen wrote:
>On 9/6/2022 1:21 PM, Federico Kircheis wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>in the email I received when I registered myself to the cygwin
>>mailing list, it was possible to "send" some administrative
>>commands, for example:
>>
>>----
>>You can start a subscription for an alternate address,
>>for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your
>>address (with '=' instead of '@') after the command word:
>><cygwin-apps-subscribe-john=host.domain@cygwin.com>
>>----
>>
>>As I am not using the current address as main address anymore, but
>>the command does not work; I've received an automatic reply with
>>error 550 that the address was not found
>>
>>I've reported the issue to cygwin-apps-owner@cygwin.com (as
>>suggested in the registration email), but never got a response (this
>>was three months ago).
>>
>>Who do I need to contact for updating my mail address?
>>

>>I am also maintaining a couple of program, I'm mentioning just in
>>case it is relevant.
>>
>>Best
>>
>>Federico
>>

>Have you tried the form here:

No, I did not.

I did it now, and it seemed to work without issues.

Thank you very much.

* Re: Change mail address
@ 2022-09-06 17:57 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2022-09-06 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Federico Kircheis writes:
> in the email I received when I registered myself to the cygwin mailing
> list, it was possible to "send" some administrative commands, for
> example:

The new mailman interface doesn't have that capability anymore, sadly.
You'll have to use the web form via the listinfo page.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: