* Python without X11?
       [not found] <627310138.2175415.1649161063968.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2022-04-05 12:17 ` test test
From: test test @ 2022-04-05 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I was wondering if it is possible to compile Python so that it would not use X11 at all? I have a small program that uses tkinter but would like to run it without having a dependency to X11. I have managed to compile Tcl/Tk that doesn't need X server but how to manage the same with Python?

Thanks

* Re: Python without X11?
@ 2022-04-05 12:27   ` Russell VT
From: Russell VT @ 2022-04-05 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: test test; +Cc: cygwin

First off... might be better if your GECOS wasn't set to "test test." (even
"stinkf42" would be better).

Secondly, have you tried "./configure --help" yet?

Yes, it's an unusual request, but simple options to "configure" should help.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 5:19 AM test test via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>
wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possible to compile Python so that it would not
> use X11 at all? I have a small program that uses tkinter but would like to
> run it without having a dependency to X11. I have managed to compile Tcl/Tk
> that doesn't need X server but how to manage the same with Python?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Russell M. Van Tassell <russellvt@gmail.com>

* Re: Python without X11?
@ 2022-04-05 13:17   ` Henry S. Thompson
From: Henry S. Thompson @ 2022-04-05 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: test test; +Cc: cygwin

test test via Cygwin writes:

> I was wondering if it is possible to compile Python so that it would
> not use X11 at all? I have a small program that uses tkinter but
> would like to run it without having a dependency to X11. I have
> managed to compile Tcl/Tk that doesn't need X server but how to
> manage the same with Python?

May not be quite what you want, but I have a Windows Python2.7 plus
Windows Tkinter/tcl/tk application that still works just fine.  You
could try installing a Windows Python 3 and Tkinter/tcl/tk, assuming
there is such a thing...

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.