public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* db2??????? vs. SGMLTools2 vs. what else?
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 Gregory Leblanc
From: Gregory Leblanc @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Docbook-Tools-Discuss (E-mail)

I've been playing around with DocBook and writing some basic documents in
it, and I hear a lot about db2something, which I'm assuming referrs to the
Cygnus tools.  I've also heard of some people using SGMLTools v2, but there
seem to be far fewer people using these.  What else is there for free or
non-free tools, and which ones are giving the best results for HTML and (at
least as importantly), plain text?  Thanks,
	Greg

* Re: db2??????? vs. SGMLTools2 vs. what else?
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 ` Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregory Leblanc; +Cc: Docbook-Tools-Discuss (E-mail)

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 09:05:23AM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> I've been playing around with DocBook and writing some basic documents in
> it, and I hear a lot about db2something, which I'm assuming referrs to the
> Cygnus tools.  I've also heard of some people using SGMLTools v2, but there
> seem to be far fewer people using these.  What else is there for free or
> non-free tools, and which ones are giving the best results for HTML and (at
> least as importantly), plain text?  Thanks,

Greg,

I've made some wrappers and a Makefile for dealing with standard
DocBook tools. I'll be packaging them soon (RPM and, of course,
SRPM). I can send them to you. They are commented out in Portuguese,
but when I package them they'll have comments in English and a
"README" :-)

I don't use Cygnus tools (don't ask me why :-)).

--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>               GPG Fingerprint
                                         851B B620 626D 2AD0 E783

Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.
Exceto onde explicitado as declarações aqui feitas são apenas minhas.

* Re: db2??????? vs. SGMLTools2 vs. what else?
       [not found] <951281049.19725.ezmlm@sourceware.cygnus.com>
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 ` Horacio MG
From: Horacio MG @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

> I've made some wrappers and a Makefile for dealing with standard
> DocBook tools. I'll be packaging them soon (RPM and, of course,
> SRPM). I can send them to you. They are commented out in Portuguese,
> but when I package them they'll have comments in English and a
> "README" :-)

Hi, could you send me a tarball of the sources, please?  (no rpms)

> I don't use Cygnus tools (don't ask me why :-)).

I'd like to ask why though.

TIA

--
Horacio					Anno MMDCCLIII aUC