public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* -- in pdf
@ 2001-07-20 19:04 Tammy Fox
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tammy Fox @ 2001-07-20 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Has anyone else noticed that db2pdf makes -- (double dashes) an emdash in the
resulting PDF file?

I have tried to solve this by replacing -- with
‐ ‐
‐‐
‐ ‐

but they all end up translating to - - (dash space dash) in HTML.

I need to be able to produce both PDF and HTML.

–– seems to make a really small space between the dashing,
but it is not really noticable in PDF or HTML.

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks,
Tammy