public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* Re: [ECOS] eCos on STR9 ?
       [not found] <48A1755F.3000400@jaeger.mine.nu>
@ 2009-06-16 16:38 ` jerzy dyrda
From: jerzy dyrda @ 2009-06-16 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, ecos-devel

Hello Folks,

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 13:34:55 Christian Jaeger wrote:
> My interest is in running an OS on STR9 (STR9xFA, STR911/STR912). There
> is no mention of these chips whatsoever in the CVS sources, and the only
> information regarding running eCos on the STR9 has been the following
> posts by a few people interested in this, but it seems there has still
> nothing come out of this.
As I see after some serching of eCos mailing list I'm next one who is looking
for any port eCos on this platform and would like to contribute community
thus at start I have dummy question :
What is a status of this port?

I apologize for asking questions of such sort but I like to known whether I
start from zero or maybe someting is done according to common part of each
BSP i.e.
1. HAL layer with configuration interrupt controller, memory controller, AHB
bridge and so on -
2. Serial driver
3. Ethernet driver
4. SPI driver

BTW.
What's wrong with ST processors that they aren't so widely supported compering
to Atmel product? Situation in other "small" OS like FreeRTOS is only a bit
better.
--
Miłego dnia / Best regards
Jerzy

* Re: [ECOS] eCos on STR9 ?
@ 2009-06-17  5:13   ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2009-06-17  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jerzy dyrda; +Cc: ecos-discuss, ecos-devel

> What's wrong with ST processors that they aren't so widely supported
> compering to Atmel product? Situation in other "small" OS like
> FreeRTOS is only a bit better.

I happened to get two AT91SAM7 development boards for free and found
it an interesting SoC. So i ported eCos for fun.

If i had received a couple of ST7 boards instead, eCos would probably
be running on them instead.

I don't know the ST7 SoC well enough to know the pros/cons compared to
the AT91SAM7 devices.

    Andrew