* [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
@ 2001-01-16  2:46 Á¶¼¼Çü
From: Á¶¼¼Çü @ 2001-01-16  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

In case someone's interested, I managed to make Microwindows
run on eCos.
It runs on PC synthetic Linux, and also on ARM PID board.
Since the board didn't have a real video interface, I used one of the
serial ports as the video interface on 115.2K.  :-(
I tested only the MWin API, but not Nano-X, though.

Sehyeong Cho
sehyeong@hanmail.net
shcho@mju.ac.kr
¿ì¸® ÀÎÅͳÝ, Daum
Æò»ý ¾²´Â ¹«·á E-mail ÁÖ¼Ò ÇѸÞÀϳÝ
Áö±¸ÃÌ ÇÑ±Û °Ë»ö¼­ºñ½º Daum FIREBALL
http://www.daum.net

* Re: [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
@ 2001-02-28 17:47 ` wangwei
From: wangwei @ 2001-02-28 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 조세형, ecos-discuss

Now I'm also port microwindows to ecos.
but I met a problem:
    I can't success to compile the file mwobjects.cc in directory
./mwin/mwobject/,
because the file is include a linux c++ file <algorithm> which can't be
found in ecos.
    You said you can run it in synthetic linux ,can you tell me how can you
resolve this problem.
    think you very much .

@ 2001-03-01  4:01   ` Robin Farine
From: Robin Farine @ 2001-03-01  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

"wangwei" <wangw@start.com.cn> writes:

> Hi,
> Now I'm also port microwindows to ecos.
> but I met a problem:
>     I can't success to compile the file mwobjects.cc in directory
> ./mwin/mwobject/,
> because the file is include a linux c++ file <algorithm> which can't be
> found in ecos.
>     You said you can run it in synthetic linux ,can you tell me how can you
> resolve this problem.
>     think you very much .

I think that this "algorithm" header file belongs to the STL, no link at all
with the Linux kernel but part of the standard C++ library. You could try
STLPort, a portable version of the STL but I do not know whether someone already
used it with eCos.

Robin

* [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
@ 2008-02-27 17:05 Antoine.Amirault
From: Antoine.Amirault @ 2008-02-27 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
I'm a student in a french engineering school and I'm trying to make
microwindows work under eCos.
I'm doing these steps :

ecosconfig new pc
ecosconfig template net
ecosconfig add mw

After that I add the vga option with the configtool.
After that I compile a program but i got a black screen when i run it
(on a PC).

Do you know why?
I've seen that there are some demos programs like ntetris in the
configtool but I don't know how to run them (once I've checked them on
the configtool).

And at least do you know if it is possible to write directly in the
video memory to print a simple pixel for example.

I hope you can help me.
Best regards.
Antoine AMIRAULT

* Re: [ECOS] MicroWindows on eCos
@ 2003-07-18 15:51   ` Chris Garry
From: Chris Garry @ 2003-07-18 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos Discussion

> Chris Garry wrote:
> > I've got my board running microwindows with my eCos VNC server
> > working as display, keyboard and mouse.  I'm running the eCos demo
> > application with just the Tetris thread included.
> >
> > Would somebody who has seen this demo running (on the ipaq for
> > example) tell me if they saw the following problems.
> >
> > (1)  When the app first starts up the cursor is while with a black outline -
> > however, as soon as I move the mouse the cursor changes to just
> > the black outline with the previously white parts now transparent.
> >
> > (2)  The tetris window starts off with 'Nano-Tetris' written in white
> > on the title bar.  However, if I move this window the 'Nano-Tetris'
> > text changes from white to transparent.
>
> I haven't seen it for a while but I don't recall either of those problems.
> Certainly not (1) and I'm pretty sure not (2).
>
> > Has anybody got any ideas about what is going wrong?
>
> Not me, sorry.
>
> Jifl

Okay, I've solved this one now.  Seems there is a bug in the vncviewer
program (at least in the x86 version).  eCos, microwindows and my
vncserver were all okay.

Chris

* Re: [ECOS] MicroWindows on eCos
@ 2003-07-18  4:40 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-07-18  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Garry; +Cc: eCos Discussion

@ 2003-07-17 16:43   ` Chris Garry
From: Chris Garry @ 2003-07-17 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bob.koninckx, eCos Discussion

I'm going to make it public once the code has had a bit of a tidy up.
It should be ready early next week.

Chris

@ 2003-07-17 16:17 ` Bob Koninckx
From: Bob Koninckx @ 2003-07-17 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Garry, eCos Discussion

Any chance you make this eCos VNC server public. Sounds really interesting
:-)

Bob

* [ECOS] MicroWindows on eCos
@ 2003-07-17 15:59 Chris Garry
From: Chris Garry @ 2003-07-17 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discussion

@ 2003-04-07 22:17 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-04-07 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fairy; +Cc: ecos-discuss

fairy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run microwindows on eCos on linux synthetic target but
> meet with some problems.

microwindows hasn't been ported to the synthetic target, sorry. Only
(native) PC and iPAQ.

Jifl

* [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
@ 2003-04-06  8:05 fairy
From: fairy @ 2003-04-06  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I'm trying to run microwindows on eCos on linux synthetic target but meet with some problems.

Firstly, if I just make a linux synthetic target without any template, I cannot successfully add the microwindows package even thought I resolve all the conflicts. Many problems concerning the network files are reported in compling procedure.

Then I add the microwindows package with elix template. It is successfully built but nothing happens when I run the executable file--it fails to start the window. (The test program is "demo.c" which I get from the microwindows package.)

So I trace it with insight. I find that whenever it comes to
ACCESS_PER_THREAD_DATA()
"data->_nxSocket" will gain a great value 1919448176 where "data" is a structure to store datas from a thread.

Problem occures when such "data->_nxSocket" is used as index of an array contains 16 elements:
cyg_file *fp=desc[fd];

I have no idea what the problem is. Can anyone give me some advices? Thanks a lot!!

Regards,
fairy

* RE: [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
@ 2001-04-13  6:55 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-04-13  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋宜叡; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 12-Apr-2001 §º©yèû wrote:
> Hi,
>  In the microwidows-eCos over iPaq port, I have several questions:
>     1. In ecos/nanox_thread.c (I assume it is the main nano-x server
> thread),
>         the code appears that nothing but the nanox_main() is called, but I
> can't find its implementation anywhere.

It's created by magic using #define in the Makefiles.

>     2. The original client/server IPC mechanism used in microwindows is Unix
> domain socket+Sys V shared memory
>         but what's the IPC mechanism used in the eCos port? TCP/IP socket?

Normal socket I/O over the loopback network.

>     3. What is the job of sytem threads in the port?
>  Or is there any documentations about that port?

The rest are used by the TCP/IP stack.

* [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
@ 2001-04-12 14:36 宋宜叡
From: 宋宜叡 @ 2001-04-12 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
 In the microwidows-eCos over iPaq port, I have several questions:
    1. In ecos/nanox_thread.c (I assume it is the main nano-x server
thread),
        the code appears that nothing but the nanox_main() is called, but I
can't find its implementation anywhere.
    2. The original client/server IPC mechanism used in microwindows is Unix
domain socket+Sys V shared memory
        but what's the IPC mechanism used in the eCos port? TCP/IP socket?
    3. What is the job of sytem threads in the port?
 Or is there any documentations about that port?

Regards,
I-Jui Sung

* Re: [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
@ 2001-03-02  6:05 Rosimildo daSilva
From: Rosimildo daSilva @ 2001-03-02  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wangw, ecos-discuss

>From: "wangwei" <wangw@start.com.cn>
>To: <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
>Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:45:57 +0800
>
>Now I have turn off the compile option and got a success in runing win32
>api
>in ecos.
>Thank you very much .
>I have another problem in microwindows:
>     I found the tcp/ip stack in ecos can't support nanox .The union
>sockaddr_un in file "client.c" can't be found in ecos . So I can't get the
>nano-x library .
>Are there anybody had resolve this problem ?

I do not know why ecos does not have this file.
I just look at some BSD stuck, and it is defined
in sys/un.h. Maybe something is missing on the Ecos stack.

But, I believe you can easily change it to use AF_INET
socket types and use sockaddr_in. I do not know the reasons
why MicroWindows uses AF_UNIX socket family.

Rosimildo.

* Re: [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
@ 2001-03-02  3:48     ` Christian Plessl
From: Christian Plessl @ 2001-03-02  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael Rodríguez Velilla, ecos

>What is all this of microwindows?
>
>   Maybe I'm interested on it. Does it allows you to use all the development
>facilities of WindowsCE? Does it works with eCos?

The name Microwindows is leading you to a wrong track. Microwindows is used
for creating a graphics subsystem i.e. providing support for device
independent graphics routines and graphic device drivers. The project comes
in 2 flavors: NanoX and Microwindows. Based on the same libraries providing
graphic primitives, NanoX provides a X-windows like API whereas
Microwindows provides a more Windowslike API.

To my knowledge there is no generic graphics device layer in eCos yet. One
can argue whether the graphics subsystem shall be part of the kernel, like
in Microsofts Windows, or not, as with Unix running X-windows, where the
X-server is just an ordinary server application providing its services to
X-clients.

Microwindows is written that way, that you need to provide a module which
implements low-level support for graphics i.e. provide a framebuffer device
driver. If you have written this driver, you should be able to compile
microwindows and link it to your ecos application.

BTW: Has anybody implemented framebuffer support for VGA cards for the i386
target? I had a quick look on this, but initialization of the VGA card is
quite cumbersome especially when running in protected mode. I could not
find any good documentation on this.

Greetings,
Chris

--
Christian Plessl <cplessl@ee.ethz.ch>

* Re: [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos
@ 2001-03-02  2:57     ` Martin van Veen
From: Martin van Veen @ 2001-03-02  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael Rodríguez Velilla, ecos

--- Rafael Rodríguez Velilla <rrv@tid.es> wrote:
> What is all this of microwindows?
>
>   Maybe I'm interested on it. Does it allows you to use all the
> development
> facilities of WindowsCE? Does it works with eCos?
>
>   Please, send me any reference to this matter.

Take a look at http://www.microwindows.org . There you'll find
everything about MicroWindows you want to know.

Greetings,
Martin.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

* Re: [ECOS] Microwindows on eCos