* Re: [ECOS] Serial Port , Raw Mode using cyg_io_read
@ 2005-07-06 10:27 aprakash
From: aprakash @ 2005-07-06 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Ok. Thanks andrew...

      Is there any function or call to know, howmany bytes available to read in my serial buffer ?.

Thanks
Prakash

From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-07-06 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aprakash; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 03:06:33PM +0500, aprakash@tataelxsi.co.in wrote:
> Ok. Thanks andrew...
>
>       Is there any function or call to know, howmany bytes available to read in my serial buffer ?.

Yes, it is described in the documentation, which you might want to
read.

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/io-serial-driver-details.html

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Serial Port , Raw Mode using cyg_io_read
@ 2005-07-06  9:33     ` Edgar Grimberg
From: Edgar Grimberg @ 2005-07-06  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Annamalai Prakash; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Annamalai Prakash wrote:

>On Wednesday 06 July 2005 02:32 pm, you wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Did you tried to open the /dev/ser0 , /dev/ser1 ? Something like:
>>
>>err = cyg_io_lookup( "/dev/ser1", &fd );
>>

> yes, i tried to open ... it was opened...... but i want to make sure, whether
>it is RAW Mode or TTY Mode.

If you want raw mode, you should open /dev/ser0 and if you want tty use
/dev/tty0 . You cand find the name of the devices in the ecos.ecc file
of your build tree.
You can imagine some test case, something like sending an out of the
range for tty char over the serial port and trying to read it from your
PC. If you have a tty driver you will get nothing on the serial of the
PC, else you will get the char. First of all, be sure that the serial on
your Integrator works.

Edgar

@ 2005-07-06  9:30     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-07-06  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Annamalai Prakash; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2005-07-06  9:18   ` Annamalai Prakash
From: Annamalai Prakash @ 2005-07-06  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Grimberg; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 02:32 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you tried to open the /dev/ser0 , /dev/ser1 ? Something like:
>
> err = cyg_io_lookup( "/dev/ser1", &fd );

 yes, i tried to open ... it was opened...... but i want to make sure, whether
it is RAW Mode or TTY Mode.

> Edgar

Prakash

@ 2005-07-06  9:02 ` Edgar Grimberg