* RE: [ECOS] Is eCos project still alive?
@ 2007-12-13  4:27 Loginov Alexander
From: Loginov Alexander @ 2007-12-13  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Klaus Nji, ecos-discuss, ecos-discuss

Hi Klaus,

Thanks. Of course, I studied it before I sent my question to the mailing
list. That web-site is great but it doesn't provide the answer why fresh
e-cos release is on hold.

Regards,
Alex

[...]

* [ECOS]  Re: Is eCos project still alive?
@ 2007-12-13  6:15 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2007-12-13  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2007-12-13, Loginov Alexander <aloginov@asmpt.com> wrote:

> Thanks. Of course, I studied it before I sent my question to the mailing
> list. That web-site is great but it doesn't provide the answer why fresh
> e-cos release is on hold.

The support model is different now.

The commercial group at RedHat who used to do "releases" of
eCos was dissolved.  eCosCentric has since been formed to
provide commercial support for eCos with a product called
eCosPro (which is based on periodic snapshots of the publically
available CVS tree).

You're more than welcome to fund a group of developers to do
the work that was involved in doing an eCos "release", but the
lack of "releases" isn't really stopping anybody from using or
developing eCos.

--
Grant Edwards

* [ECOS] Is eCos project still alive?