* [ECOS]Information about -  Atmel ARM7TDMI AT91 Board
@ 2000-11-08  9:46 Leandro Vieira
From: Leandro Vieira @ 2000-11-08  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, leandro

Hello.

 I had completed building tools for i386 PC target under windows NT with
binutils-2.10,gcc
 2.95.2 and gdb 5.0. and had also applyed the patch ecos-gcc-2952.pat to
gcc.
 Everything is OK, that is, i´m able to create application and downloded it
to that target and run it.

 Now i want use new target that is Atmel ARM7TDMI AT91 Board.
 My question is: Can i use this target and do the same thing like i have
done with i386 PC target?

 In eCos configuration tool, there is ARM development board (PID) and i
don't know if it has any
 relation with the target that i want to use.

 In eCos documentation i saw this:
                eCos, CygMon and the GDB stubs all support the PID fitted
with both ARM7T and ARM9 daughterboards,
 and it seems to be related with the target that i have.

 Can somebody tell me if it is possible build tools for this target, Atmel
ARM7TDMI AT91 Board.
 and how can i do it or wich document should i seek information about.

					*       Portugal Telecom                     *
					*       Instituto de Telecomunicações        *
					*       Aveiro  / Portugal                   *
					*       leandro@av.it.pt                     *

* Re: [ECOS]Information about -  Atmel ARM7TDMI AT91 Board
@ 2000-11-09  8:11 ` Andreas Bürgel
From: Andreas Bürgel @ 2000-11-09  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Leandro Vieira wrote:

> Hello.
>
>  I had completed building tools for i386 PC target under windows NT with
> binutils-2.10,gcc
>  2.95.2 and gdb 5.0. and had also applyed the patch ecos-gcc-2952.pat to
> gcc.
>  Everything is OK, that is, i´m able to create application and downloded it
> to that target and run it.
>
>  Now i want use new target that is Atmel ARM7TDMI AT91 Board.
>  My question is: Can i use this target and do the same thing like i have
> done with i386 PC target?
>
>  In eCos configuration tool, there is ARM development board (PID) and i
> don't know if it has any
>  relation with the target that i want to use.
>
>  In eCos documentation i saw this:
>                 eCos, CygMon and the GDB stubs all support the PID fitted
> with both ARM7T and ARM9 daughterboards,
>  and it seems to be related with the target that i have.
>
>  Can somebody tell me if it is possible build tools for this target, Atmel
> ARM7TDMI AT91 Board.
>  and how can i do it or wich document should i seek information about.

Unfortunately there is some porting effort required to run eCos on a
AT91 platform. You _can_not_ simply take the ARM-PID stuff to run on
your ARM-AT91 platform.
Fortunately - for you - I'm working on the AT91-port, but can't say how
long it takes until the code is working and stable.

Andreas Bürgel   Software Engineer
ab@genologic.de  GenoLogic GmbH, Dortmund, Germany

* [ECOS] ARM Integrator board
@ 2000-11-10  2:22   ` Arvind Chauhan
From: Arvind Chauhan @ 2000-11-10  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Is anyone working on a port of eCOS over the ARM Integrator board?