* [ECOS] Configuration of static IP addresses
@ 2001-01-08  5:32 Christian Plessl
From: Christian Plessl @ 2001-01-08  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: Thomas Meyer

Hi Folks

I'd like to configure eCos TCP/IP networking with fixed IP addresses.
Could anybody please tell me, which configuration options in ecos.ecc I
have to change.

I've tried this some time ago without any problem, but now I can't manage
it anymore.. strange..

Chris

--
Christian Plessl <cplessl@ee.ethz.ch>

* Re: [ECOS] Configuration of static IP addresses
@ 2001-01-08  5:59 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-01-08  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Plessl; +Cc: ecos-discuss, Thomas Meyer

Christian Plessl wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> I'd like to configure eCos TCP/IP networking with fixed IP addresses.
> Could anybody please tell me, which configuration options in ecos.ecc I
> have to change.
>
> I've tried this some time ago without any problem, but now I can't manage
> it anymore.. strange..

Search for CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP although you should remember to
make sure an ethernet card has been enabled in your configuration.

Jifl
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine

* Re: [ECOS] Configuration of static IP addresses
@ 2001-01-08 14:45   ` Christian Plessl
From: Christian Plessl @ 2001-01-08 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss, Thomas Meyer

>Search for CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP although you should remember to
>make sure an ethernet card has been enabled in your configuration.

That was what I tried, but I get just the following error message:

C CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP, "requires" constraint not satisfied: 1 ==
CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP

  Unable to generate build tree, this configuration still contains
conflicts.
  Either resolve the conflicts or use --ignore-errors

I cannot figure out, how to resolve this conflict.

Chris

--

@ 2001-01-08 14:59     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-01-08 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Plessl; +Cc: ecos-discuss, Thomas Meyer

Christian Plessl wrote:

> >Search for CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP although you should remember to
> >make sure an ethernet card has been enabled in your configuration.
>
> That was what I tried, but I get just the following error message:
>
> C CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP, "requires" constraint not satisfied: 1 ==
> CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP
>
>   Unable to generate build tree, this configuration still contains
> conflicts.
>   Either resolve the conflicts or use --ignore-errors
>
> I cannot figure out, how to resolve this conflict.

Did you actually enable CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS i.e. user_value 1 ?
It's an option too.

@ 2001-01-09  7:24     ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2001-01-09  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cplessl; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    >> Search for CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP although you should
    >> remember to make sure an ethernet card has been enabled in your
    >> configuration.

    Chris> That was what I tried, but I get just the following error
    Chris> message:

    Chris> C CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP, "requires" constraint not satisfied: 1 ==
    Chris> CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP

    Chris>   Unable to generate build tree, this configuration still
    Chris> contains conflicts. Either resolve the conflicts or use
    Chris> --ignore-errors

    Chris> I cannot figure out, how to resolve this conflict.

There are three configuration options that implement the way the IP
address is determined: CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL, BOOTP, and
ADDRS. The default is BOOTP. Only one of these can be enabled, so you
need to disable the default option BOOTP and then enable ADDRS.

If you look at CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP where the problem is
reported, you should see something like:

cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP {
    # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL, active, disabled
    # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP, active, enabled
    # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS, active, disabled

This lists all the relevant configuration options.

Bart

* Re: [ECOS] Configuration of static IP addresses
@ 2001-01-09 14:28       ` Christian Plessl
From: Christian Plessl @ 2001-01-09 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bartv; +Cc: ecos-discuss

>There are three configuration options that implement the way the IP
>address is determined: CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL, BOOTP, and
>ADDRS. The default is BOOTP. Only one of these can be enabled, so you
>need to disable the default option BOOTP and then enable ADDRS.
>
>If you look at CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP where the problem is
>reported, you should see something like:
>
>cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP {
>     # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL, active, disabled
>     # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP, active, enabled
>     # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS, active, disabled
>}
>
>This lists all the relevant configuration options.

Now it works.

I had to set all the following options

CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS => user_value 1
CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP => user_value 192.168.1.50
CYGPKG_NET_DHCP =>  user_value 0
CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP =>  user_value 0

Thanks for your help.

Chris

--

@ 2001-01-09 16:31         ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-01-09 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Plessl; +Cc: bartv, ecos-discuss

Christian Plessl wrote:

> >There are three configuration options that implement the way the IP
> >address is determined: CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL, BOOTP, and
> >ADDRS. The default is BOOTP. Only one of these can be enabled, so you
> >need to disable the default option BOOTP and then enable ADDRS.
> >
> >If you look at CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP where the problem is
> >reported, you should see something like:
> >
> >cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP {
> >     # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL, active, disabled
> >     # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP, active, enabled
> >     # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS, active, disabled
> >}
> >
> >This lists all the relevant configuration options.
>
> Now it works.
>
> I had to set all the following options
>
> CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS => user_value 1
> CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP => user_value 192.168.1.50
> CYGPKG_NET_DHCP =>  user_value 0
> CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP =>  user_value 0

Purely FYI, you should have found that the latter two would have
automatically got set to 0 if you used "ecosconfig resolve".