* [ECOS] Porting to 80386ex...
@ 2001-02-24 19:06 Li Xinghua
From: Li Xinghua @ 2001-02-24 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,all

I want to run ecos on a custom-made  386ex board.
After I have searched the maillist archive, the porting seems a troublesome thing .The similar question had been asked several times, but no reply. I have not much confidence to complete this porting , though it is challenging.
Fortunately , thanks to Patrick O'Grady, there is PC platform HAL porting now. It is a helpful reference to my job. I am looking forward to help and advice given .

I also have some questions about 386EX processor. If 386ex works in protected mode, is it compatible with i386 ?
Then if 386ex runs in System Mangement Mode, is it a architecture HAL porting , or just a platform HAL porting ,since there are additional registers.

            Li Xinghua
            ahwa@fudan.edu

BN3 Hosted Customer Service Solution, basic service FREE.
CRM enable your web site in 5 minutes! http://www.bn3.com