* Re: [ECOS] Hi,
       [not found] <sf8d42b8.006@EBGMAIL>
@ 2003-10-15  7:37 ` Eric Doenges
From: Eric Doenges @ 2003-10-15  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dhawal Mer; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Dhawal Mer wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanx for your immediate reply.
> As per your info i have added below statements to your specified path,
> <...>/packages/io/pci/current/include/pci.h:
> —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> #ifndef CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS
> #define CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS(_x_) CYGARC_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS(_x_)
> #endif
> —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> When i try to compile with above added statements,still i am getting the same error.
> Pleaser mail me,where i am going wrong.

I don't know where exactly you are going wrong, but something is very
broken with your setup. Looking at your error message, it says:

 >/ecos-c/ecos/packages/io/fileio/current/src/misc.cxx:104: undefined
 > reference to `CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS'

However, the file mentioned does not contain any reference to
CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS, presumably because the fileio package has
nothing at all to do with the PCI bus. So either you have messed up your
source tree, or your development toolchain is seriously broken.
|     Eric Doenges              |     DynaPel Laboratories GmbH    |
|     Tel: +49 89 962428 23     |     Fraunhoferstrasse 9/2        |
|     Fax: +49 89 962428 90     |     D - 85737 Ismaning, Germany  |

* Re: [ECOS] Hi,
@ 2003-10-16  3:24 Dhawal Mer
From: Dhawal Mer @ 2003-10-16  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric.Doenges; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thanx for your info.

Regards,
Dhawal.

Dhawal Mer wrote:
> Thanx,
> I hope you are right.In middle i have tried out other version too. Hence,file might be over written.
> I will send you whole details after reinstalling the current/cvs version of eCos tools.
> Can you please guide any particular URL for latest CVS for ecos configtool.

For details, check http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html. I think
the sources for configtool are included in the CVS repository, but I'm
not 100% sure (I'm using a version that I downloaded as a binary from
either RedHat's or eCosCentric's web site some months ago).

       [not found] <sf8d6247.056@EBGMAIL>
@ 2003-10-15 11:26 ` Eric Doenges
From: Eric Doenges @ 2003-10-15 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dhawal Mer; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2003-10-15  9:44 Dhawal Mer
From: Dhawal Mer @ 2003-10-15  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric.Doenges; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Dhawal Mer wrote:
> Thanx for quick reply.
> I am referring to the book named 'Embedded Software Development with eCos' written by Author 'Anthony J. Massa'.
> I have already compile the default example ( basic.c ) successfully using the default configuration of i386( with 82559 NIC ).
> The application still making appropriate ' basic.s ' while target set as the 'i386 with 82559 NIC'.
> Hence, i  hope there is no problem in toolchains.
> what do you mean by 'messed up your source tree', if it's there how i should correct.

Well, I find it strange that the linker is complaining about an
undefined reference to CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS, supposedly
in <...>/packages/io/fileio/current/src/misc.cxx, when the file in
question does not contain any references to that macro (nor is there
any reason why it should). This means either

a) The linker is mistaken, and the undefined reference occurs in some
    other file.

b) Somehow, the original misc.cxx got overwritten (fully or partially)
    by some other file.

If I were you I would get the latest eCos source code from the CVS
repository and try again, doing a clean reconfiguration and build
of eCos itself.

       [not found] <sf8d54d6.023@EBGMAIL>
@ 2003-10-15  9:13 ` Eric Doenges
From: Eric Doenges @ 2003-10-15  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dhawal Mer; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2003-10-15  8:37 Dhawal Mer
From: Dhawal Mer @ 2003-10-15  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric.Doenges; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2003-10-15  7:19 Dhawal Mer
From: Dhawal Mer @ 2003-10-15  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric.Doenges, ecos-discuss

Dhawal Mer wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanx for immediate reply.
> Eric as per your info , i have successfully build (libtarget.a) the platform using net package/RAM startup.
> But when i try to link the basic.c example application given in chapter12 of 'Embedded software Development with eCos' doc to libtarget.a , i have got the error as given below.The make file for above i have send as attachment (Application named as rb8139).
> Administrator@DHAWAL172 /ecos-c/workdir/application
> $ make
> i386-elf-gcc -nostartfiles -L/cygdrive/c/workdir/rb8139/rb8139_install/lib -Wl,-
> -gc-sections -Wl,--Map -Wl,basic1.map -o basic1 basic1.o -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib
> /cygdrive/c/workdir/rb8139/rb8139_install/lib/extras.o: In function `__static_in
> itialization_and_destruction_0':
> /ecos-c/ecos/packages/io/fileio/current/src/misc.cxx:104: undefined reference to
>  `CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS'
> /ecos-c/ecos/packages/io/fileio/current/src/misc.cxx:123: undefined reference to
>  `CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS'
> /ecos-c/ecos/packages/io/fileio/current/src/misc.cxx:141: undefined reference to
>  `CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS'
> /ecos-c/ecos/packages/io/fileio/current/src/misc.cxx:141: undefined reference to
>  `CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS'
> /ecos-c/ecos/packages/io/fileio/current/src/misc.cxx:141: undefined reference to
>  `CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [basic1] Error 1
> Please mail me where i am going wrong.

I suspect you are using and older version of eCos that does not have
the CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS macro, which was added just a month or two
ago, You need to either

a) Get the latest version of eCos from CVS (see the eCos home page for
details on how to do this). I would strongly suggest doing this since
eCos is being continually improved.

b) As a 'quick fix', add the following to
    <...>/packages/io/pci/current/include/pci.h:

// Map a logical (CPU local) address to one used by a PCI master
// Normally, this is just the physical address of the object, but
// it may differ if the platform has different address maps from
// the CPU side vs. the PCI side
#ifndef CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS
#define CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS(_x_) CYGARC_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS(_x_)
#endif

> I have also tried out configuration 'i386 pc with 8139' with 'redboot',still redboot Networking options remains disabled.Than how i should ableto enabled the network debugging ?

I don't know, since I've never used redboot (my target doesn't support
it, unfortunately).

> Kindly also maill me the detail, how i can boot my system using 'libtarget.a' generated by your suggested configuration.

You must write an application that is linked with libtarget.a, and then
boot that on your target. See the eCos user's guide; it has a small
tutorial that shows how to do this. And/or get the book "Embedded
Software Development with eCos" by Anthony J. Massa, which explains
in some detail how to get Redboot working.

> Regards,
> Dhawal.

P.S.: I've also sent this to ecos-discuss, so other people
can contribute/benefit as well.

       [not found] <sf8d3344.057@EBGMAIL>
@ 2003-10-15  6:48 ` Eric Doenges
From: Eric Doenges @ 2003-10-15  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dhawal Mer, ecos-discuss

@ 2003-10-15  6:19 Dhawal Mer
From: Dhawal Mer @ 2003-10-15  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric.Doenges; +Cc: andrew, ecos-discuss

Dhawal Mer wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanx for your URL info.
> As per your mentioned URL, i have downloaded the rltk8139.tgz .
> I tried to added the rltk driver as one of the package in eCos.db as shown below.
> —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> eCos.db
> —------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_RLTK_8139 {
> 	alias 		{ "RLTK 8139 ethernet driver"
> 			   devs_eth_rltk_8139 8139_eth_driver }
> 	hardware
> 	directory	devs/eth/rltk/8139
> 	script		rltk_8139_eth_drivers.cdl
>         description     "Ethernet driver for RLTK 8139 NIC."
> }
> - - - — - — - - — - — — — — - —- —- — —---- — —---- —- — — —- — - — —
> package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_I386_PC_RLTK8139 {
> 	alias 		{ "Standard PC with EtherPro 10/100 ethernet device"
> 			   devs_eth_i386_pc_8139 pc_etherpro }
> 	hardware
> 	directory	devs/eth/i386/pc/rltk8139
> 	script		i386_pc_rltk8139_eth_drivers.cdl
>         description     "Ethernet driver for standard PC with Intel 8139 NIC. This is
> 			 essentially support for a EtherPro 10/100 PCI card."
> }
>
> —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> After adding above statements, The RTL8139 driver get added to the package list as 'PC RealTek 8139 ethernet driver'.I have also added RTL8139 macro in the default list of i386 & removed the 82559 macro.
> But when I try to configure i386 as target with RTL8139 as a NIC( Redboot as a Package ),the Option 'PC RealTek 8139 ethernet driver' in the Configuration windows remains disabled (It was showing all sub-options in disable mode too..).
> Please mail me  where i am wrong & if possible send me, brief procedure for adding above rltk8139 driver into the eCos Configtool 2.1/eCos Configtool 1.3.
> Please also note that i have onboard ethernet , do i need to change anything in above driver for the same.

You will also need a 'target' in ecos.db somewhat like this:

target pc_8139 {
   alias    { "i386 PC target with RealTek 8139 ethernet" }
   packages { CYGPKG_HAL_I386
              CYGPKG_HAL_I386_GENERIC
              CYGPKG_HAL_I386_PC
              CYGPKG_HAL_I386_PCMB
              CYGPKG_IO_PCI
              CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X
              CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC
              CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_RLTK_8139
              CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_I386_PC_RLTK8139
              CYGPKG_DEVICES_WALLCLOCK_DALLAS_DS12887
              CYGPKG_DEVICES_WALLCLOCK_I386_PC
            }
   description "The pc target provides the
             packages needed to run eCos binaries on a standard i386
             PC motherboard (with RealTek 8139 NIC)."
}

Then, in the configtool choose the menu item 'Build->Templates', and
select the pc_8139 target and the 'net' package in the dialog. It
shouldn't matter if the 8139 is onboard or not to the driver.
Please note that I don't have an i386 PC target to test so I can't
really help you much further if there are PC-specific problems.

@ 2003-10-14 12:01 ` Eric Doenges
From: Eric Doenges @ 2003-10-14 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dhawal Mer; +Cc: andrew, ecos-discuss

@ 2003-10-14 11:58 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2003-10-14 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dhawal Mer; +Cc: Eric.Doenges, ecos-discuss

> After adding above statements, The RTL8139 driver get added to the
> package list as 'PC RealTek 8139 ethernet driver'.I have also added
> RTL8139 macro in the default list of i386 & removed the 82559 macro.

> But when I try to configure i386 as target with RTL8139 as a NIC(
> Redboot as a Package ),the Option 'PC RealTek 8139 ethernet driver'
> in the Configuration windows remains disabled (It was showing all
> sub-options in disable mode too..).

So you need to find out why. Probably one of its dependencies have not
been met. Read the ecos.ecc file, or what ever the configtool has
named it. Look at the section for the RTL8139 driver and see what it
says.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Hi,
@ 2003-10-14 11:44 Dhawal Mer
From: Dhawal Mer @ 2003-10-14 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric.Doenges; +Cc: andrew, ecos-discuss

 ======= ====================================

Dhawal Mer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using eCos for ix86 target ( Gene4312).
> The target is having onboard RLT8139 dual ethernet.
> I have gone through listed package list of the i386 Ethernet card , but realtek driver does not included in above.
> Pleaes tell me that ,From where i can get the driver for on board RLT8139 card.
>
> Thanking you,
> Awaiting for your reply,

I posted a driver for this chip on the ecos-patches mailing list back
in August (see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2003-08/msg00040.html).
Since RedHat unfortunately seems in absolutely no hurry at all to
process my copyright assignment (it's only been 6 weeks or so), it's not
in the CVS tree yet.

@ 2003-10-09  3:23 Dhawal Mer
From: Dhawal Mer @ 2003-10-09  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric.Doenges; +Cc: andrew, ecos-discuss

Hi,
Thanx for yours kind help.

Regards,
Dhawal.

====================================

@ 2003-10-08 11:53 ` Eric Doenges
From: Eric Doenges @ 2003-10-08 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dhawal Mer; +Cc: andrew, ecos-discuss

Dhawal Mer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using eCos for ix86 target ( Gene4312).
> The target is having onboard RLT8139 dual ethernet.
> I have gone through listed package list of the i386 Ethernet card , but realtek driver does not included in above.
> Pleaes tell me that ,From where i can get the driver for on board RLT8139 card.
>
> Thanking you,
> Awaiting for your reply,

I posted a driver for this chip on the ecos-patches mailing list back
in August (see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2003-08/msg00040.html).
Since RedHat unfortunately seems in absolutely no hurry at all to
process my copyright assignment (it's only been 6 weeks or so), it's not
in the CVS tree yet.
|     Eric Doenges              |     DynaPel Laboratories GmbH    |
|     Tel: +49 89 962428 23     |     Fraunhoferstrasse 9/2        |
|     Fax: +49 89 962428 90     |     D - 85737 Ismaning, Germany  |

* [ECOS] Hi,
@ 2003-10-08 10:29 Dhawal Mer
From: Dhawal Mer @ 2003-10-08 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrew, ecos-discuss

Hi,

I am using eCos for ix86 target ( Gene4312).
The target is having onboard RLT8139 dual ethernet.
I have gone through listed package list of the i386 Ethernet card , but realtek driver does not included in above.
Pleaes tell me that ,From where i can get the driver for on board RLT8139 card.

Thanking you,
Awaiting for your reply,

Regards,
Dhawal Mer