* [ECOS] adding a package with configtool fails - new stuff
@ 2013-03-21 19:12 Bob Brusa
From: Bob Brusa @ 2013-03-21 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos discuss

Hi,
I few days ago, I rised a bug report on bugzille on the above subject.
Now I checked again its status, found a Comment 4 by John Dallaway and
added a new Comment 5 and stored it.

Result: Ifound myself in a very old bug report I had entered in 2008 -
and the new one is no longer listed under my reports - Just the old
ones. I cannot retreave it.....
Regards - Bob.

* Re: [ECOS] adding a package with configtool fails - new stuff
@ 2013-03-21 19:27 ` Bob Brusa
From: Bob Brusa @ 2013-03-21 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos discuss

Am 21.03.2013 20:12, schrieb Bob Brusa:
> Hi,
> I few days ago, I rised a bug report on bugzille on the above subject.
> Now I checked again its status, found a Comment 5 by John Dallaway and
> added a new Comment 6 and stored it.
>
> Result: Ifound myself in a very old bug report I had entered in 2008 -
> and the new one is no longer listed under my reports - Just the old
> ones. I cannot retreave it.....
> Regards - Bob.

More strange things: I was able to retreave my report 1001798 using
keywords. I quickly checked it: My new comment is there. I close it and
click on My Requests and now, not a single report is displayed. All
vanished....

* Re: [ECOS] adding a package with configtool fails - new stuff
@ 2013-03-24 21:57   ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2013-03-24 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Bob,

On 21/03/2013 19:27, Bob Brusa wrote:
> Am 21.03.2013 20:12, schrieb Bob Brusa:
>> Hi,
>> I few days ago, I rised a bug report on bugzille on the above subject.
>> Now I checked again its status, found a Comment 5 by John Dallaway and
>> added a new Comment 6 and stored it.
>>
>> Result: Ifound myself in a very old bug report I had entered in 2008 -
>> and the new one is no longer listed under my reports - Just the old
>> ones. I cannot retreave it.....
>> Regards - Bob.
>>

> More strange things: I was able to retreave my report 1001798 using
> keywords. I quickly checked it: My new comment is there. I close it
> and click on My Requests and now, not a single report is displayed.
> All vanished....

What you describe seems fine to me.  Are you perhaps confusing "My
Requests" with "My Bugs"?  The former will list bugs where you have set
a request (e.g. for a patch review), while the latter will list bugs you
have reported.

Also, when you select a bug from within a search (e.g. "My bugs" or
"Open bugs" from front page), if you update the bug with a comment or
similar, bugzilla will automatically open the next bug in your search
list. The order of the list is whatever you last set it.

-- Alex
I am guessing you are talking about the "Open bugs" from on the front
page of bugzilla.

* Re: [ECOS] adding a package with configtool fails - new stuff
@ 2013-03-27 14:03     ` Bob Brusa
From: Bob Brusa @ 2013-03-27 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Am 24.03.2013 22:57, schrieb Alex Schuilenburg:
> Bob,
>
> On 21/03/2013 19:27, Bob Brusa wrote:
>> Am 21.03.2013 20:12, schrieb Bob Brusa:
>>> Hi,
>>> I few days ago, I rised a bug report on bugzille on the above subject.
>>> Now I checked again its status, found a Comment 5 by John Dallaway and
>>> added a new Comment 6 and stored it.
>>>
>>> Result: Ifound myself in a very old bug report I had entered in 2008 -
>>> and the new one is no longer listed under my reports - Just the old
>>> ones. I cannot retreave it.....
>>> Regards - Bob.
>>>

>> More strange things: I was able to retreave my report 1001798 using
>> keywords. I quickly checked it: My new comment is there. I close it
>> and click on My Requests and now, not a single report is displayed.
>> All vanished....
>
> What you describe seems fine to me.  Are you perhaps confusing "My
> Requests" with "My Bugs"?  The former will list bugs where you have set
> a request (e.g. for a patch review), while the latter will list bugs you
> have reported.
>
> Also, when you select a bug from within a search (e.g. "My bugs" or
> "Open bugs" from front page), if you update the bug with a comment or
> similar, bugzilla will automatically open the next bug in your search
> list. The order of the list is whatever you last set it.
>
> -- Alex
> I am guessing you are talking about the "Open bugs" from on the front
> page of bugzilla.

Alex,
when I click on "My Bugs" I get a list of my old reports - but the bug
1001798 I handed in recently is not listed. However, when searching for
1001798, it is listed - and it correctly lists may name as the one who
reported this bug. Seems weird to me.

* Re: [ECOS] adding a package with configtool fails - new stuff
@ 2013-03-27 14:27       ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2013-03-27 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bob.brusa; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Bob,

On 2013-03-27 14:03, Bob Brusa wrote:
> [...]
> Alex,
> when I click on "My Bugs" I get a list of my old reports - but the bug
> 1001798 I handed in recently is not listed. However, when searching
> for 1001798, it is listed - and it correctly lists may name as the one
> who reported this bug. Seems weird to me.

Not weird at all.  On bugs.ecos.sourceware.org "My Bugs" only lists open
bugs, and 1001798 is resolved.

If you select "My Bugs" followed by "Edit search" at the bottom of the
search result, unselect "---" from "Resolution" and search again, you
will get a list of all the bugs you reported or that have been assigned
to you.  You can then "Remember" the search by entering a description
(e.g. "My Open and Closed Bugs") in the field next to "Remember search
as" and pressing "Remember search", you will get a new link "My Open and
Closed Bugs" at the bottom of the bugzilla page.

HTH
-- Alex

* Re: [ECOS] adding a package with configtool fails - new stuff
@ 2013-03-27 16:57         ` Bob Brusa
From: Bob Brusa @ 2013-03-27 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Am 27.03.2013 15:27, schrieb Alex Schuilenburg:
> Hi Bob,
>
> On 2013-03-27 14:03, Bob Brusa wrote:
>> [...]
>> Alex,
>> when I click on "My Bugs" I get a list of my old reports - but the bug
>> 1001798 I handed in recently is not listed. However, when searching
>> for 1001798, it is listed - and it correctly lists may name as the one
>> who reported this bug. Seems weird to me.
>
> Not weird at all.  On bugs.ecos.sourceware.org "My Bugs" only lists open
> bugs, and 1001798 is resolved.
>
> If you select "My Bugs" followed by "Edit search" at the bottom of the
> search result, unselect "---" from "Resolution" and search again, you
> will get a list of all the bugs you reported or that have been assigned
> to you.  You can then "Remember" the search by entering a description
> (e.g. "My Open and Closed Bugs") in the field next to "Remember search
> as" and pressing "Remember search", you will get a new link "My Open and
> Closed Bugs" at the bottom of the bugzilla page.
>
> HTH
> -- Alex

Hi Alex,
yes it helped. Thank you. Now I have a new search tab "all" which does
exactly what I would have expected from "My Bugs" as default....
Regards - Bob