* [ECOS] Eth0/Eth1 Access Problem
@ 2007-09-25  7:22 Alperen Coþkun
From: Alperen Coþkun @ 2007-09-25  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I have a board using 2 ethernet ports, Eth0 and Eth1. I want to use one of
them for web user interface and other one for another purpose.
But, I couldn't make this difference. Unfortunately, both of the ports are
accessed by user interface.
How can I avoid Eth1 being accessed by web user interface? What decides
which port to be accessed by user interface?

Alperen

* [ECOS] RE: Eth0/Eth1 Access Problem
@ 2007-09-26  9:29 ` Rick Davis
From: Rick Davis @ 2007-09-26  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Alperen Coþkun', ecos-discuss

You will have to modify httpd.c in packages/net/httpd

Right now it binds to ANY interface.

    server_address.sin_family = AF_INET;
    server_address.sin_len = sizeof(server_address);
*    server_address.sin_addr.s_addr = INADDR_ANY;
    server_address.sin_port = htons(http_port);

To bind to a specific interface you need to do this

    server_address.sin_family = AF_INET;
    server_address.sin_len = sizeof(server_address);
    server_address.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl (0x0a0a0a0a);
or
    server_address.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl (inet_addr ("10.10.10.10"));
    server_address.sin_port = htons(http_port);

Hope this helps,
Rick Davis

I have a board using 2 ethernet ports, Eth0 and Eth1. I want to use one of
them for web user interface and other one for another purpose.
But, I couldn't make this difference. Unfortunately, both of the ports are
accessed by user interface.
How can I avoid Eth1 being accessed by web user interface? What decides
which port to be accessed by user interface?

Alperen

* RE: [ECOS] RE: Eth0/Eth1 Access Problem
@ 2007-09-26  9:44   ` Vivek-Kumar Gupta
From: Vivek-Kumar Gupta @ 2007-09-26  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Davis, Alperen Coþkun, ecos-discuss

Interface eth0 or eth1 will have a separate IP address.
Server will be bind to IP Address and Port no.
This way they are separate.
So give some IP Address for binding it to Server.

Regards,

@ 2007-09-26 17:35     ` Rick Davis
From: Rick Davis @ 2007-09-26 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Vivek-Kumar Gupta', 'Alperen Coþkun', ecos-discuss

The IP address you assign to

server_address.sin_addr.s_addr

is the IP address of the interface eth0 or eth1. You will have to set this
yourself. It you are changing the IP address on the fly, you will have to
create a variable, say httpd_bind_address, and set this to the address of
either eth0 or eth1. Then restart or manually start httpd. Make sure the
address you use is in network (big endian) order.

Rick

@ 2007-09-27 12:29       ` Alperen Coskun
From: Alperen Coskun @ 2007-09-27 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rickdavisjr, vgupta, ecos-discuss

Hi,

I tried what you described below as;
     server_address.sin_family = AF_INET;
     server_address.sin_len = sizeof(server_address);
     server_address.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl (inet_addr ("X.X.X.X"));
     server_address.sin_port = htons(http_port);

where X is a valid IP address in the network. But, nothing changed. Let me
explain what I want to do. May be you can help again:

I'm giving a default IP to both ETH interfaces in ecos configuration tool.
Then, ecos sets these IP addresses for web interface.(I think it does it
with;
                    server_address.sin_addr.s_addr = INADDR_ANY)
I want to change these default values to other specific values manually. (As
Mr. Rick explained, I want to change IP address within the program)

Thank you very much for your response, explanations are very helpful.
Alperen

* [ECOS] Flash Write Problem
@ 2007-10-01 13:50     ` Alperen Coskun
From: Alperen Coskun @ 2007-10-01 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

Is there anyone who is able to write to a strata flash? I examined the
source code for flash and the datasheet. It says to write 0xE8 for writing
and wait and so on but, even the expected value which is 0x80 doesn't come.
What can be the problem?

Alperen

* [ECOS] SSL (HTTPS) support for ecos
@ 2007-10-08 11:38       ` Alperen Coskun
From: Alperen Coskun @ 2007-10-08 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

Does Ecos support SSLv3 (https)? Did anyone tried anything about this?
I have a web user interface and want to use SSl support to provide  a secure
login when user enters his/her password.

* Re: [ECOS] SSL (HTTPS) support for ecos
@ 2007-10-08 18:07         ` Tales Toledo
From: Tales Toledo @ 2007-10-08 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alperen Coskun; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Alperen

take a look at openssl-1.9.6b.epk package as start point.

TT.

@ 2007-10-09  9:22           ` Alperen Coskun
From: Alperen Coskun @ 2007-10-09  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toledo.tales; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thanks for your quick reply.

I add that package to my .ecc file. But, the only place I want to use
openssl is in secure login operation. I want nobody to see the login
information (username and password) from the network line.

Is there any brief example about openssl which can help me to implement
this? (Because there are a lot of source codes in openssl package...)

Regards