* [ECOS] PID ROM/RAM bootup support
@ 2001-02-05 11:09 Dave Airlie
From: Dave Airlie @ 2001-02-05 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

	Please find attached some PID ROM/RAM bootup code,

the tgz contains the ROM/RAM mlt files (similiar to RAM files with some
ROM stuff added) I've no idea if these will auto-generate correctly,

and a diff -u containing the changes to the hal I've made to support it,
there is still one dodgy point in the diffs for UNMAPPED_PTR, I'm using a
define from hal_platform_setup.h PID_RAM_BASE=0x8000 to decide how much I
need to subtract for the write vector.. this doesn't seem the Right Way to
do things, but it is the only way I can get the correct address for the
reset vector..

This is due to RAM starting at 0 but the code starting at 0x8000,

This builds code that can boot on the PID ROM get copied to RAM and
execute..

Regards,
	Dave.

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.