* [ECOS] porting ecos...
@ 2001-02-23 21:22 김재용
From: 김재용 @ 2001-02-23 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Please help me..
I don't even know concept of porting, but I have to port ecos in EDB7209-2C
ARM7 board of Cirrus..
I have followed instruction in redhat Web Site and downloaded ecos-1.3.1
and
extracted...
And compiled, installed binutils, gcc, gdb in arm target, following
instruction
of
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/install-linux.html and
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-arm-elf.html
executable comes arm-elf-gcc etc.

and I don't know what I should do next to port ecos.
I guess I have to cross-compile kernel, but I don't know how to do that.
Neither document in redhat Web site nor document in ecos package told me
what
to do next. and seems to skip..
Please tell me what I should do next in detail, including command with
option
and argument. Sorry, I am beginner in ecos and porting
I have not much time and urgent.
And another question..is ecos included in Embedded Linux?
Please answer..
I will wait for your answer.

* RE: [ECOS] porting ecos...
@ 2001-02-24  4:41 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-02-24  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 김재용; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 24-Feb-2001 ±èÀç¿ë wrote:
> Please help me..
> I don't even know concept of porting, but I have to port ecos in EDB7209-2C
> ARM7 board of Cirrus..
> I have followed instruction in redhat Web Site and downloaded ecos-1.3.1
> and
> extracted...
> And compiled, installed binutils, gcc, gdb in arm target, following
> instruction
> of
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/install-linux.html and
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-arm-elf.html
> executable comes arm-elf-gcc etc.
>
> and I don't know what I should do next to port ecos.
> I guess I have to cross-compile kernel, but I don't know how to do that.
> Neither document in redhat Web site nor document in ecos package told me
> what
> to do next. and seems to skip..
> Please tell me what I should do next in detail, including command with
> option
> and argument. Sorry, I am beginner in ecos and porting
> I have not much time and urgent.
> And another question..is ecos included in Embedded Linux?
> Please answer..
> I will wait for your answer.

Firstly, for the Cirrus Logic board you mention, no porting is required
at all as this is one of the platforms we support.

Secondly, you would be much better off by using the eCos sources from
anonymous CVS.  See http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html

Once you've obstained the latest sources and installed both the sources
and the tools on your system (I assume that you are using Linux for
your development host, based on your references above) then you can
create an eCos kernel for your board.  Once you have a kernel, then
you build and run applications on the board by downloading them using
GDB.

This whole process is rather fully explained in the eCos "Getting
Started Guide" and hardware installation notes.  The full text is
available from our web site at:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs.html

If you have additional problems or questions, just send them to
this same eCos discussion list.

* [ECOS] Porting Result of eCos on NEC DDB-VRC4375
@ 2001-02-24 13:10   ` Ling Su
From: Ling Su @ 2001-02-24 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Dear All,

After several weeks porting and testing, eCos finally can run on my new NEC
VRC4375 board in little endian mode. I am not sure if any body need it,
anyway, please let me know if you want to use VRC4375 board with eCos.
Compared to vrc4373 board, this board is newer, and the porting work just
limits on the platform dependent part.

Regards,
-Ling

* Re: [ECOS] Porting Result of eCos on NEC DDB-VRC4375
@ 2001-02-26 11:00     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-02-26 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ling Su; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Ling Su wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> After several weeks porting and testing, eCos finally can run on my new NEC
> VRC4375 board in little endian mode. I am not sure if any body need it,
> anyway, please let me know if you want to use VRC4375 board with eCos.
> Compared to vrc4373 board, this board is newer, and the porting work just
> limits on the platform dependent part.

Congratulations! I'm glad that it's finally worked out for you. Did you
have to change much from the vrc4373? And what were the solutions to the
problems you were having?

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Porting Result of eCos on NEC DDB-VRC4375
@ 2001-02-27 11:19       ` Ling Su
From: Ling Su @ 2001-02-27 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> > After several weeks porting and testing, eCos finally can run on my new
NEC
> > VRC4375 board in little endian mode. I am not sure if any body need it,
> > anyway, please let me know if you want to use VRC4375 board with eCos.
> > Compared to vrc4373 board, this board is newer, and the porting work
just
> > limits on the platform dependent part.
>
> Congratulations! I'm glad that it's finally worked out for you. Did you
> have to change much from the vrc4373? And what were the solutions to the
> problems you were having?

Actually I am still have problem to build a GDB stub based on the new CVS
tree. I worked that out by using the eCos-1.3.1 distribution (adding vrc4375
package) to build a working stub and then using the CVS tree for applicition
library building. I didn't changed much from vrc4373, but since I can not
get PMON source code from NEC after several times asking, I have to find out
the differences from 4375's datasheet. The major difference is the SDRAM
power-up sequence.

@ 2001-02-27 11:47         ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-02-27 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ling Su; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Ling Su wrote:

> Actually I am still have problem to build a GDB stub based on the new CVS
> tree. I worked that out by using the eCos-1.3.1 distribution (adding vrc4375
> package) to build a working stub and then using the CVS tree for applicition
> library building. I didn't changed much from vrc4373, but since I can not
> get PMON source code from NEC after several times asking, I have to find out
> the differences from 4375's datasheet. The major difference is the SDRAM
> power-up sequence.

Well, if you do get into a useful state, please do consider contributing it
back (or at least putting it up for FTP) so other people don't have to go
through the same problems you have had to!

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Porting Result of eCos on NEC DDB-VRC4375
@ 2001-02-28  2:41         ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-02-28  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ling Su; +Cc: Jonathan Larmour, ecos-discuss

>> > After several weeks porting and testing, eCos finally can run on
>> my new
Ling> NEC
>> > VRC4375 board in little endian mode. I am not sure if any body
>> need it, > anyway, please let me know if you want to use VRC4375
>> board with eCos.  > Compared to vrc4373 board, this board is newer,
>> and the porting work
Ling> just
>> > limits on the platform dependent part.
>>
>> Congratulations! I'm glad that it's finally worked out for you. Did
>> you have to change much from the vrc4373? And what were the
>> solutions to the problems you were having?

Ling> Actually I am still have problem to build a GDB stub based on
Ling> the new CVS tree. I worked that out by using the eCos-1.3.1
Ling> distribution (adding vrc4375 package) to build a working stub
Ling> and then using the CVS tree for applicition library building. I
Ling> didn't changed much from vrc4373, but since I can not get PMON
Ling> source code from NEC after several times asking, I have to find
Ling> out the differences from 4375's datasheet. The major difference
Ling> is the SDRAM power-up sequence.

PMON is available from here: http://www.carmel.com/pmon/index.html

Dunno if they have the relevant NEC changes though.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] porting ecos
       [not found]   ` <4363.121.246.210.150.1237808715.squirrel@webmail11.pair.com>
@ 2009-03-24  8:00     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-03-24  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: keerti; +Cc: eCos Discussion

These questions belong on the eCos mailing list; private support is
only available under contract.

keerti@mrt-communication.com wrote:
> Gary ,
> It is RDC3210 (486 compatible)board.can you tell me steps for configuring
> ecos kernel?How will i provide flash memory size to the ecos kernel for
> booting.
>
> While compiling ecos kernel,do i need to add reboot package or just ecos
> kernel is ok.

Have you read the documentation?  In particular the "Getting Started" guide?

> keerti@mrt-communication.com wrote:
>>> Dear ALL,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to boot ecos on board.If yes,how will i configure redboot
>>> to boot ecos kernel.
>> What board?  If it runs RedBoot, [at some level] it already runs eCos.

* Re: [ECOS] porting ecos
@ 2009-03-23 11:59 ` Gary Thomas
       [not found]   ` <4363.121.246.210.150.1237808715.squirrel@webmail11.pair.com>
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-03-23 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: keerti; +Cc: ecos-discuss

keerti@mrt-communication.com wrote:
> Dear ALL,
>
> Is it possible to boot ecos on board.If yes,how will i configure redboot
> to boot ecos kernel.

What board?  If it runs RedBoot, [at some level] it already runs eCos.

* [ECOS] porting ecos
@ 2009-03-23 11:36 keerti
From: keerti @ 2009-03-23 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Dear ALL,

Is it possible to boot ecos on board.If yes,how will i configure redboot
to boot ecos kernel.

With regards,
Keerti

* [ECOS] porting ecos
@ 2009-01-26 13:55 smith jj
From: smith jj @ 2009-01-26 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
we are porting ecos to our board based on arm core. i have taken the
base of an existing bsp based on arm9 and trying to make changes
there.
we already have the binary image of redboot for the board so i started
with CYG_HAL_STARTUP==RAM and built an OS image(application+library).
however when i try to execute the image on baord using led code i
could find that it crashed in function cyg_hal_invoke_constructors in
vectors.s itself. i tried to find out the functions which could be
invoked by this but cant find any link..
using earlier archive mails i found under gdb using x &__CTOR_LIST__ i
get the adrress which is the function pointer but i cant proceed from
there as to how to make cyg_hal_invoke_constructors pass.
can anyone please help me with how to proceed further...how can i make
this constructors invoked correctly..

regards
smith