* Aproval: all template change to FreeBSD
@ 2003-04-29 13:48 Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2003-04-29 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers

Aprovel for Beta2.0 branch:

Name: All template FreeBSD + HTTPD

What: Changes the all template to use the newer FreeBSD stack rather
than the older OpenBSD stack. This brings it into line with the net
template. I also added the httpd package which was missing.

Affected: Network stack and all packages that depend on it.

Risks: Invalidates any network tests done using the all tempate!

       Andrew

* Re: Aproval: all template change to FreeBSD
@ 2003-04-29 22:37 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-04-29 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> Aprovel for Beta2.0 branch:
>
> Name: All template FreeBSD + HTTPD
>
> What: Changes the all template to use the newer FreeBSD stack rather
> than the older OpenBSD stack. This brings it into line with the net
> template. I also added the httpd package which was missing.
>
> Affected: Network stack and all packages that depend on it.
>
> Risks: Invalidates any network tests done using the all tempate!

I'll defer this to John - we're about to try and do some final testing
here (I'm tasked with NT, joy) so it may be a little late and it's not
critical. My guess is not.

Jifl

* Re: Aproval: all template change to FreeBSD
@ 2003-04-30  7:51   ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2003-04-30  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Hi Andrew

I'm all for consistency and it's a shame we didn't spot this earlier.
Fortunately, it's easy enough to workaround. On balance, I would prefer to
leave this as a 'known issue' for 2.0 final. I will raise a Bugzilla
report.

John Dallaway