* doco links in hardware pages
@ 2003-03-27 12:26 Mark Salter
From: Mark Salter @ 2003-03-27 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

The links to the docs from the hardware pages are broken.
Most point to /ecos/docs-latest/redboot/redboot.html, but
the docs are now at /ecos/docs-latest/ref/redboot.html

I'm not sure how best to fix them, but with ~60 different
board pages, I know how I don't want to fix them. ;-)

--Mark

* Re: doco links in hardware pages
@ 2003-03-27 14:49 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-03-27 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Salter; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Mark Salter wrote:
> The links to the docs from the hardware pages are broken.
> Most point to /ecos/docs-latest/redboot/redboot.html, but
> the docs are now at /ecos/docs-latest/ref/redboot.html
>
> I'm not sure how best to fix them, but with ~60 different
> board pages, I know how I don't want to fix them. ;-)

Would you believe it's a one-liner? :-) Assuming I'm looking at the same
link you are anyway!

The wonders of Server Side Includes.

Jifl

* Re: doco links in hardware pages
@ 2003-03-27 15:08   ` Mark Salter
From: Mark Salter @ 2003-03-27 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jifl; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

> Mark Salter wrote:
>> The links to the docs from the hardware pages are broken.
>> Most point to /ecos/docs-latest/redboot/redboot.html, but
>> the docs are now at /ecos/docs-latest/ref/redboot.html
>>
>> I'm not sure how best to fix them, but with ~60 different
>> board pages, I know how I don't want to fix them. ;-)

> Would you believe it's a one-liner? :-) Assuming I'm looking at the same
> link you are anyway!

> The wonders of Server Side Includes.

That takes care of the link to the "RedBoot User's Guide", but there's
still a problem with "here within the User's Guide" link to installation
instructions. From the iq80310 page, this links to:

  ecos/docs-latest/redboot/installation_and_testing.html#IQ80310

But the actual installation instructions are at:

  ecos/docs-latest/ref/iq80310.html

@ 2003-03-27 20:35     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-03-27 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Salter; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Mark Salter wrote:

> That takes care of the link to the "RedBoot User's Guide", but there's
> still a problem with "here within the User's Guide" link to installation
> instructions. From the iq80310 page, this links to:
>
>   ecos/docs-latest/redboot/installation_and_testing.html#IQ80310
 >
> But the actual installation instructions are at:
>
>   ecos/docs-latest/ref/iq80310.html

Okay, I've fixed all these now. Wasn't a one-liner, but oh well. I copped
out with doing platform specific links for the eCos target setup info; but
that's primarily because this is one of the things that's definitely going
to change drastically between 2.0 and 2.1 so it would to an extent be
wasted. The link I've given is certainly good enough for now.

Jifl