* DHCP server package
@ 2004-02-02 15:21 sebastien Couret
From: sebastien Couret @ 2004-02-02 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Hi All,

I have ported the uDHCP DHCP server to eCOS.

I think this can be usefull , because for the momemt there is no DHCP server
package available with eCOS.

As told in the FAQ, my contribution got the form of an epk package under GPL.

I would like to have feedback, comments , bug reports  and so on , from all
of you that could find it usefull.

On the other hand, Can someone of you explain me how can this package
integrate the eCOS CVS ? and what is the process to follow ?

[-- Attachment #2: DHCPelios.epk --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Size: 24727 bytes --]

* Re: DHCP server package
@ 2004-02-02 15:29 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-02-02 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sebastien Couret; +Cc: ecos-devel, ecos-maintainers

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 04:24:36PM +0100, sebastien Couret wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have ported the uDHCP DHCP server to eCOS.
>
> I think this can be usefull , because for the momemt there is no DHCP server
> package available with eCOS.
>
> As told in the FAQ, my contribution got the form of an epk package under GPL.
>
> I would like to have feedback, comments , bug reports  and so on , from all
> of you that could find it usefull.
>
> On the other hand, Can someone of you explain me how can this package
> integrate the eCOS CVS ? and what is the process to follow ?

GPL code cannot be integrated in the eCos CVS. The GPL license for
uDHCP would mean that all of eCos had to be distributed as GPL. This
would also mean that all of the application would also have to be
GPL. We don't want this, since people use eCos for writing commercial
applications.

eCos uses a modified GPL license. The modification stops the GPL
spreading from the licensed file to other files. So this allows people
to do commercial applications with eCos.

You should make it clear to anybody you distribute your epk to that
its GPL and not the modified GPL used by the rest of eCos.

    Andrew

* Re: DHCP server package
@ 2004-02-02 17:10   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-02-02 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: sebastien Couret, ecos-devel, ecos-maintainers

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 04:24:36PM +0100, sebastien Couret wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I have ported the uDHCP DHCP server to eCOS.
>>
>>I think this can be usefull , because for the momemt there is no DHCP server
>>package available with eCOS.
>>
>>As told in the FAQ, my contribution got the form of an epk package under GPL.
>>
>>I would like to have feedback, comments , bug reports  and so on , from all
>>of you that could find it usefull.
>>
>>On the other hand, Can someone of you explain me how can this package
>>integrate the eCOS CVS ? and what is the process to follow ?
>

> GPL code cannot be integrated in the eCos CVS. The GPL license for
> uDHCP would mean that all of eCos had to be distributed as GPL. This
> would also mean that all of the application would also have to be
> GPL. We don't want this, since people use eCos for writing commercial
> applications.

What we can do though is make it available on the contribution download
page, <http://ecos.sourceware.org/contrib.html>. If this is okay by you
then mail me or Andrew the EPK off list and we'll put something up on that
page with your name in lights!

Jifl