public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* coarrays using extended precision (80 bits) ?
@ 2023-04-21 11:33 Jorge D'Elia
From: Jorge D'Elia @ 2023-04-21 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gfortran List

Dear GFortran developers,

One question: is there any chance of encoding with coarrays using
extended precision (80 bits) at least inside a multicore computer?
(as if to simplify a bit).

To date, the possibility of using double precision (64 bits) or
extended precision (80 bits) is an alternative in our production
code, but sometimes we would like to do computations in
80 bits and, in certain parts, there are coarrays.
We have validated even in quadruple precision (128 bits), using
ifort although, as is well known, the CPU times are largely
excessive.

Thanks in any case.

Regards.
Jorge.