public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* PR fortran/39627 [meta-bug] Fortran 2008 support
@ 2023-10-12 16:53 Paul Richard Thomas
From: Paul Richard Thomas @ 2023-10-12 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran; +Cc: Ian Chivers, Jane Sleightholme

I have posted the version 4 of Ian Chivers and Jane Sleightholme's F2008
compliance table as an attachment to PR39627.

With Harald Anlauf's help it has been updated to correspond to gfortran
13.2. In the previous return for gfortran, a number of lines had not been
filled out at all. This has now been done and a rather rough and ready
testcase providing the "evidence" for compliance or not has also been
posted on the PR.

I would welcome comments/corrections if they are also posted on the PR.

I am halfway through the F2018 table and will post it on PR85836 when I
have done as much as I can. I am out for a week and so this will most
likely happen at the end of October. Jerry DeLisle has helped out with
lines 3.x of this table.

As well as being a reply to Ian and Jane, I hope that the tables and
testcases will serve as a resource for gfortran developers as a more
systematic supplement to the meta-bug dependences.

Regards

Paul

* Re: PR fortran/39627 [meta-bug] Fortran 2008 support
@ 2023-10-13  6:31 ` Richard Biener
From: Richard Biener @ 2023-10-13  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Richard Thomas; +Cc: fortran, Ian Chivers, Jane Sleightholme

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 6:54 PM Paul Richard Thomas
<paul.richard.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have posted the version 4 of Ian Chivers and Jane Sleightholme's F2008 compliance table as an attachment to PR39627.
>
> With Harald Anlauf's help it has been updated to correspond to gfortran 13.2. In the previous return for gfortran, a number of lines had not been filled out at all. This has now been done and a rather rough and ready testcase providing the "evidence" for compliance or not has also been posted on the PR.
>
> I would welcome comments/corrections if they are also posted on the PR.
>
> I am halfway through the F2018 table and will post it on PR85836 when I have done as much as I can. I am out for a week and so this will most likely happen at the end of October. Jerry DeLisle has helped out with lines 3.x of this table.
>
> As well as being a reply to Ian and Jane, I hope that the tables and testcases will serve as a resource for gfortran developers as a more systematic supplement to the meta-bug dependences.

Btw, C++ has https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx-status.html on the main
web pages (though I needed to use google to find it,
discoverability on our webpage isn't too great :/).  Maybe something
similar can be set up for Fortran
instead of relying on a bugreport?

Richard.

@ 2023-10-13  7:38   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2023-10-13  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran; +Cc: Richard Biener

On 13.10.23 08:31, Richard Biener wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 6:54 PM Paul Richard Thomas
> <paul.richard.thomas@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I have posted the version 4 of Ian Chivers and Jane Sleightholme's F2008 compliance table as an attachment to PR39627.

>> I am halfway through the F2018 table and will post it on PR85836 when I have done as much as I can.
> Btw, C++ hashttps://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx-status.html  on the main
> web pages (though I needed to use google to find it,
> discoverability on our webpage isn't too great :/).

Likewise albeit slightly differently for OpenMP,
https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/gomp/#implementation-status

I think we link the C++ page from time to time in release notes at
gcc-*/changes.html.

For Fortran, we also use the wiki – and I do note that we do have a
F2018 page, but not yet a Fortran2023 one:

https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Fortran2003Status

https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Fortran2008Status

https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Fortran2018Status

Tobias

Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht München, HRB 106955

* Re: PR fortran/39627 [meta-bug] Fortran 2008 support
@ 2023-10-13 10:02   ` Paul Richard Thomas
From: Paul Richard Thomas @ 2023-10-13 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Biener; +Cc: fortran, Ian Chivers, Jane Sleightholme