public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* GSOC 2024 [Fortran – 2018/202x]
@ 2024-03-29 18:50 Habeeb Hussain Al Hamed
From: Habeeb Hussain Al Hamed @ 2024-03-29 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

  I hope this email finds you well. I am Habeeb, a creative and aspiring
junior (currently studying in 3rd year out of the 4 years of the program)
undergraduate student of Computer Science and Engineering (AI & ML)
department at the Institute of Aeronautical Engineering (IARE). I want to
work on the *Fortran - 2018/202x* project idea listed for gsoc 2024
projects on the gcc wiki website.

*About me:*
  I have always been known for being extremely creative in solving problems
by my peers and some of my teaching staff. I am frequently contacted by my
seniors for help in solving problems. I have learnt programming through
python, and I code in C++ as well. I keep interest in knowing things from
the inside out.

  I would like to know if I can work for the project I have mentioned. I
would also like to ask the mentor(s) about which new features are to be
implemented. I recently stumbled upon Fortran and it best suits my
interests as I am highly interested in High Performance Computing.

  I realize that the application for GSOC 2024 is approaching very close to
the deadline. I *apologize *for writing this mail so close to the deadline,
I got busy as it is the holy month of Ramadan. I hope I will receive a
reply as soon as possible. This is the first project idea that caught my
eye instantly the moment I started searching through idea lists for GSOC
2024.

  I promise to work hard and give a valuable contribution if I get selected
to work on this project. I will give my best as this might be my first
open-source contribution. And this is the only project I wish to get
selected for.

Thank you so much for taking time and reading through my mail.

Regards,
Habeeb,
21951a6637@iare.ac.in (My Student Email Address).

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-03-29 18:50 UTC | newest]