public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* replacing hardware?
@ 2023-04-13 16:43 Steve Kargl
From: Steve Kargl @ 2023-04-13 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

All,

The systems that I've used while hacking on gfortran
bugs and features are starting to show their age.  I'm
in the early stage of put together the wishlist for
a budget friendly replacement.  While I'll likely go
with a Ryzen7 cpu, NVME M2 drives, and as much memory
as I can afford, I'm looking for recommendations for
a budget friendly video/gpu card that will allow me to
take a deeper dive into openacc/openmp and offloading.
Anyone have a suggestion?

Note, I've mostly used FreeBSD over the last 25+ years.
I suspect that pursuing offloading may  be easier with
a flavor linux.  Any recommendation would also be
appreciated.

--
Steve

[parent not found: <mailman.2280.1681460310.1979823.fortran@gcc.gnu.org>]