public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* Frysk Wiki
@ 2008-03-05  9:27 Phil Muldoon
From: Phil Muldoon @ 2008-03-05  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frysk Hackers; +Cc: Frank Ch. Eigler

The Systemtap project, also hosted at sourceware.org:

http://sourceware.org/systemtap/

Uses a wiki to store and distill a lot of the information about Systemtap:

http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki

Is there value in Frysk website moving to a similar mode, instead of
static htdocs?

Though I am not a particular fan of wiki's, I think they do a better job
at allowing information to be stored, history kept, and data changed to
reflect the current state of affairs. I tried to convert Sami's
excellent Fedora rpm email to htdoc and it soon evolved into a nightmare
on painful, dated and pedantic set of problems. I gave up. I'm not a
html/web programmer, and I don't care to be.

I know wiki's can be a controversial, so lets discuss it. Frank (cc'd)
mentioned he would help set-it up if that's they way the website goes.

Regards

Phil