* cross (m68k) compiler troubles
@ 2000-01-03 15:46 Jeff Singer
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jeff Singer @ 2000-01-03 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi - I'm trying to create a cross compiler for an m68k platform from a
celeron host.  I'm having no end of trouble just getting through the
make process without errors.  I am usually able to get the binutils to
compile completely, but get errors when making gcc for the m68k.  I've
tried several --prefix settings and other things with no luck.  Usually
the errors involve make being unable to find some file (different files
each time) which makes me suspect I haven't specified/created the right
directory structure for the install.  Is there a de-facto/standard
structure which the makefile assumes?  Are all the errors critical?  Any
help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Singer
jdsinger@plex-inc.com

* Re: cross (m68k) compiler troubles
@ 2000-01-03 20:35 ` Frank Meurer
From: Frank Meurer @ 2000-01-03 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Jeff Singer wrote:

> Hi - I'm trying to create a cross compiler for an m68k platform from a
> celeron host.  I'm having no end of trouble just getting through the
> make process without errors.  I am usually able to get the binutils to
> compile completely, but get errors when making gcc for the m68k.  I've
> tried several --prefix settings and other things with no luck.  Usually
> the errors involve make being unable to find some file (different files
> each time) which makes me suspect I haven't specified/created the right
> directory structure for the install.  Is there a de-facto/standard
> structure which the makefile assumes?  Are all the errors critical?  Any
> help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,
I've build a Linux-i386 to Linux-m68k cross-gcc some days ago without
problems.
I've made a mini-mini-HOWTO and will send it to you.

Frank

We have joy, we have fun, we have Linux on our SUN.

Sending unsolicited commercial email to this address may be a violation
of the Washington State Consumer Protection Act, chapter 19.86 RCW.
Das Verschicken unverlangter kommerzieller email an diese Adresse ist
verboten (LG Traunstein, 2 HK O 3755/97 vom 14.10.1997, CR 1998, 171f).

* RE: cross (m68k) compiler troubles
@ 2000-01-04  7:10   ` Vaprel
From: Vaprel @ 2000-01-04  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hello Frank,

I've just read your msg. and I'd be interested
in your mini-mini-HOWTO about to build a m68k cross-gcc. Would you
care to send me this doc. I'm designing a prototype with a M68332 and
I would like to learn someting about to build a cross-gcc.

Many thanks in advace,

Mario Navarro
@:-)

Pine.GSO.4.05.10001040528310.1632-100000@mats...

@ 2000-01-05 12:42     ` Frank Meurer
From: Frank Meurer @ 2000-01-05 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Vaprel wrote:

> I've just read your msg. and I'd be interested
> in your mini-mini-HOWTO about to build a m68k cross-gcc. Would you
> care to send me this doc. I'm designing a prototype with a M68332 and
> I would like to learn someting about to build a cross-gcc.

er... I put it online. Please look at

    http://haegar.nt-fs.fh-koeln.de:8080/m68k/

It's just written quick-n-dirty.
If anyone detects some "bugs" in it please mail me.

Frank

@ 2000-01-06 13:06 ` Jeff Singer
From: Jeff Singer @ 2000-01-06 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

I'm trying to use the one-tree-1.6.sh and build-cross.sh scripts, but am
getting a lot of "file not found" errors.  I must not have my directories
structured correctly, and am wondering if anyone else could tell me the
appropriate structure of the directories involved as well as the proper
location of the files and scripts.

Jeff Singer

@ 2000-04-01  0:00     ` Vaprel
From: Vaprel @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)