* Inline assembly
@ 2000-01-05  1:07 Harald Dankworth
From: Harald Dankworth @ 2000-01-05  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Is there any documentation on inline assembly syntax for gcc?

regards,
Harald Dankworth

* Re: Inline assembly
@ 2000-01-05 10:13 ` d_cary
From: d_cary @ 2000-01-05 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Harald Dankworth <harald.dankworth@fast.no> wrote:
> Is there any documentation on inline assembly syntax for gcc?

There's a few morsels of inline assembly documentation in the gcc
manual, in the section
  Assembler Instructions with C Expression Operands
  http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gcc/gcc_86.html
.
Please tell me if you find anything better.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Inline assembly
@ 2000-01-07  6:31   ` Harald Dankworth
From: Harald Dankworth @ 2000-01-07  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

You can find libraries for MMX and streaming simd extensions at
http://shay.ecn.purdue.edu/~swar/

d_cary@my-deja.com wrote:

> Harald Dankworth <harald.dankworth@fast.no> wrote:
> > Is there any documentation on inline assembly syntax for gcc?
>
> There's a few morsels of inline assembly documentation in the gcc
> manual, in the section
>   Assembler Instructions with C Expression Operands
>   http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gcc/gcc_86.html
> .
> Please tell me if you find anything better.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

* Inline assembly
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` Harald Dankworth

From: Harald Dankworth @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

d_cary@my-deja.com wrote:

> Harald Dankworth <harald.dankworth@fast.no> wrote:
> > Is there any documentation on inline assembly syntax for gcc?
>
> There's a few morsels of inline assembly documentation in the gcc
> manual, in the section
>   Assembler Instructions with C Expression Operands
>   http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gcc/gcc_86.html
> .
> Please tell me if you find anything better.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

* Re: Inline assembly
@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` d_cary
From: d_cary @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

@ 2005-06-06 15:33 ` Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2005-06-06 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rayappan.External; +Cc: gcc-help

Rayappan.External@infineon.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This kind of inline assembly is given in the GCC Test suits
>
> asm ("" : "=r" (tmp) : "0" (tmp));
>
> As per my understanding the input and output remains in the same
> register.But there is no instruction in the first double coats("").
>
> The Question is
>
> What will be the value of r(tmp) after this instruction.Whether it is
> equivalent to

tmp will be unchanged from whatever was in it before.  TGhe "0" is a constraint
saying tmp should start out in the same register as the result of that asm.

nathan

* Inline assembly
@ 2005-06-06 12:53 Rayappan.External
From: Rayappan.External @ 2005-06-06 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

This kind of inline assembly is given in the GCC Test suits

asm ("" : "=r" (tmp) : "0" (tmp));

As per my understanding the input and output remains in the same
register.But there is no instruction in the first double coats("").

The Question is

What will be the value of r(tmp) after this instruction.Whether it is
equivalent to

ld r2,#0x0

Thanks in advance,
Chris