* Re: Help Needed
       [not found] <20040830122911.24797.qmail@webmail17.rediffmail.com>
@ 2004-08-30 16:09 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-08-30 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: karthi rajan; +Cc: Amit Chordia, gcc-help

Hi Karthik,

This will do what you want...
http://spirit.sourceforge.net

HTH,
--Eljay

* Re: help needed
@ 2009-07-27 18:10 ` Andi Hellmund
From: Andi Hellmund @ 2009-07-27 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anandulle; +Cc: gcc-help

anandulle wrote:
> hello
>               can any one tell me what is the DIR structure  of TREE_CODE
> i've searched in the tree.def files but not able to find out kindly help.

What do you mean by "DIR structure of TREE_CODE"? It's not really clear ...

* help needed
@ 2009-07-27 10:17 anandulle
From: anandulle @ 2009-07-27 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hello
              can any one tell me what is the DIR structure  of TREE_CODE
i've searched in the tree.def files but not able to find out kindly help.

* Help needed
@ 2006-03-07  2:03 wenghwee
From: wenghwee @ 2006-03-07  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I was trying to gcc a file and obtain the following error message, do you
know what is happening to the gcc command? Is it true that gcc will engage
cpp command as shown in the error message? Or do you know what is happening
as I am for sure do not know what is happening? Or do I have a bad gcc
installation

Thanks & regards,
chee

Command & Error Message:
ccppc -c -fno-builtin -nostdinc -DCPU=PPC604  -I/appl/Tornado/target/h -I.
wave.o
ccppc -c -fno-builtin -nostdinc -DCPU=PPC604  -I/appl/Tornado/target/h -I.
wind.o
ldppc -r -Map lnk.map -o sim *.o *.o... *.o
flex process_enums.l
gcc -o process_enums lex.yy.c -lfl
cpp: Invalid option '-lang-c'
gmake[1]: ***[syms] Error 1

Other info
%sun which gcc
/tools-gnu/bin/gcc
%sun /tools-gnu/bin/gcc --version
2.7.2

[This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.]

* Re: Help needed
@ 2005-08-26  5:20 ` Arturas Moskvinas
From: Arturas Moskvinas @ 2005-08-26  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: RALPH OLD JR; +Cc: gcc-help

You didn't tell what operating system you use... I see that windows.
Maybe try to use DevC++ it has a gcc compiler in its package, very
nice for beginners... Try it:http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.htm

Arturas M.l

On 8/26/05, RALPH OLD JR <ralphold@msn.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm trying to set up gcc and rhide to learn C and C++.
> I have downloaded the recommended files for my system, set them up as per
> the instructions.
>
> My beginning program compiles with out error.
>
> But the Make command in rhide produces the following error:
>
> "Error: c:/djgpp?bin/ld.exe : cannot find -lgcc"
>
> I have spent days reading the online material to no avail.
>
> I need help!
> Ralph
>

> Ralph E. Old, Jr.
> (205) 253 - 3402
> RalphOld@msn.com
> Security and Defense Systems

* Help needed
@ 2005-08-25 23:40 RALPH OLD JR
From: RALPH OLD JR @ 2005-08-25 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

@ 2004-06-09  9:25 ` Claudio Bley
From: Claudio Bley @ 2004-06-09  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:22:14AM -0600, lrtaylor@micron.com wrote:
> main returns an int, but the void in the parameter list is not
> necessary.  "int main()" is equivalent.

Yeah, I know. The point was just the int return type. Maybe the
wording was not that good at last.

Cheers.
--
Claudio

* RE: help needed
@ 2004-06-08 16:22 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-06-08 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bley, gcc-help

main returns an int, but the void in the parameter list is not
necessary.  "int main()" is equivalent.

Thanks,
Lyle

From: Claudio Bley @ 2004-06-08 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 12:17:16PM +0200, Claudio Bley wrote:

> You might find it easier (or at least shorter) to write
> 'cout << string ("-", 100);' instead of the above.

Damn, this should read "cout << string (100, '-');', of course. Sorry.

--
Claudio

* Re: help needed
@ 2004-06-08 10:17 ` Claudio Bley
From: Claudio Bley @ 2004-06-08 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello Naga,

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 07:55:40PM -0700, Naga Raju Thogiti wrote:
> Hi,
> I am writing C++ program for displaying a table of tangents given the
> lower and upper limits. The program initially rounds off ( e.g if one
> enters 29.58 and 30.33, it rounds off it to 29.6 and 30.3), and output the
> result in a table form. I have this problem with displaying the table
> completely and correctly, it was challenging for me to figure out where
> was I going wrong? Can you please help me out with it.
>
> When I entered, 29.58 30.33 it stops at 30.2, for 32 34, it stops at 33.9
> but when I entered 84.14 84.44 and 89.44 89.48 it gives me correct table.

At first, please note that this list is about the usage of or problems with
GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection. Skimming through your post I haven't found
the word gcc / g++ etc. not a single time. This makes me suspect that your
problem would've been better addressed somewhere else.

Anyway, to answer your question:

You need to remember that floating point numbers are inherently imprecise
and that you can't expect that if you add 0.1 to a floating point number
that its value will increase exactly by 0.1 nor that 0.1 itself can be
exactly represented as a floating point number.

>  //cout<<"\n\t "<<min_Value<<" "<<max_Value;

You can't see a difference here because you've set the precision of cout to 4.

Just issue a "cout << setprecision(50);" right before the (uncommented)
line above and you'll see what I mean.

You probably want to round the min_Value in every iteration, e.g.

  min_Value = floor(min_Value*10 + 1) / 10;

This is not much better, but it avoids that the inaccuracies add
up too much during the loop.

Or, you may compute the numbers of iterations before entering the loop
and use an integer variable to do the counting. Something along the lines of

  for (int i = static_cast<int>((max_Value - min_Value) * 10));
       i >= 0; --i)
    // ...

A few notes about your code:

You're using the old C++ headers. In new code you might want to use
standard headers like 'iostream' instead of the antiquated 'iostream.h',
'cmath' instead of 'math.h' et cetera.

@ 2004-06-06  2:55 Naga Raju Thogiti
From: Naga Raju Thogiti @ 2004-06-06  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am writing C++ program for displaying a table of tangents given the
lower and upper limits. The program initially rounds off ( e.g if one
enters 29.58 and 30.33, it rounds off it to 29.6 and 30.3), and output the
result in a table form. I have this problem with displaying the table
completely and correctly, it was challenging for me to figure out where
was I going wrong? Can you please help me out with it.

When I entered, 29.58 30.33 it stops at 30.2, for 32 34, it stops at 33.9
but when I entered 84.14 84.44 and 89.44 89.48 it gives me correct table.
I am enlcosing the code that I wrote.

Thanks,
Nagu

#include <iostream.h>
#include <iomanip.h>
#include <math.h>

void main()
{
double min_Value, max_Value;
const double degtoRad = M_PI/180;
double diff;
int num_rows = 0;

cout<<"\n\n\t This program will generate tables of tangents.";
cout<<"\n\t (Enter a number >= 90 or < 0, or numbers in the wrong order, to terminate.)\n\n";

for (int i = 1;i<=10;i++)
{
 cout<<"\t ***";
}

cout<<"\n\n\t Minimum and maximum values for left column of table : ";
cin>>min_Value>>max_Value;

cout<<setiosflags(ios::fixed|ios::showpoint);

while(min_Value<=max_Value && min_Value>=0 && max_Value>=0 && min_Value<90 && max_Value<90)
{
 min_Value = floor(min_Value*10+0.5)/10.0;
 max_Value = floor(max_Value*10+0.5)/10.0;

 cout<<"\n\n\t\t\t\t Partial Table of Tangents";
 cout<<"\n\t\t ";

 for (int i = 0;i<=9;i++)
 {
  cout<<setw(8)<<i<<" ";
 }

 cout<<"\n\t";

 for (int j = 1;j<=100;j++)
 {
  cout<<"-";
 }

// cout<< "\n\t " << min_Value << " " << max_Value;
 while(min_Value <= max_Value)
 {
  cout<<"\n\t"<<setprecision(2)<<setw(8)<<min_Value<<"| ";

  for (int col = 0;col<=9;col++)
  {
   cout<<setprecision(4)<<setw(8)<<tan((min_Value + col*0.01)*degtoRad)<<" ";
  }
  min_Value = min_Value+0.1;
 }

 //cout<<"\n\t "<<min_Value<<" "<<max_Value;
 min_Value = max_Value = 0;
 cout<<"\n\n\t Minimum and maximum values for left column of table : ";
 cin>>min_Value>>max_Value;
// num_rows = 0;

* Re: help needed
@ 2004-05-29 19:03 ` Sumith Makam
From: Sumith Makam @ 2004-05-29 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xuyi; +Cc: gcc-help

> Hi
> Please clarify whether i can install gcc2.95 on Redhat Linux 8. How to
> downgrade gcc 3.2 to gcc 2.95 .
> Thank

U can have both gcc 3.2 and gcc-2.95 in the same system...when u install
gcc-2.95, it will be stored in /usr/local/....So everything works fine..

--Sumith

----------------------------------------- (on isc)

Powered by TREND VirusWall: Information Superhighway Centre, IIT Roorkee

* help needed
@ 2004-05-29  0:41 xuyi
From: xuyi @ 2004-05-29  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

@ 2004-04-28 17:51 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2004-04-28 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prashant S Kulkarni; +Cc: gcc-help

Prashant> I am compiling xerces-c25.0 using gcc 3.0 on AIX 4.2.2 and i have all objects
Prashant> file created. But when while linking all .o file  I am getting error...

Prashant> AIX uses makeC++SharedLib for shared lib creation. Can you please tell me what
Prashant> option or which compiler in gcc suite should I use to create shared lib for
Prashant> above on gcc??.

Prashant> I am getting the error as follows. Any help is really appreciated..

	GCC can create shared libraries with the -shared commandline
option.  The default is AIX-style shared libraries, but you can use -Wl,-G
to compile the library and -Wl,-brtl during the final link to generate
SVR4-style libraries.

	When compiling and linking C++ code, you should use the "g++"
driver, not the "gcc" driver.

	When compiling and linking pthread code, you should use the
-pthreads commandline option, which implicitly links with -lpthreads.

-p 5000

and

-bmap:/home/pkulka/poc/xerces-c-src_2_5_0//obj/libxerces-c25.0.map

are IBM xlC compiler options.  You need to use the correct GCC commandline
options.

	/usr/lpp/xlC/lib contains libraries for xlC.  xlC C++ ABI is not
compatible with G++ ABI -- you cannot mix C++ object files produced by the
two compilers.

David

* Help Needed
@ 2004-04-28  5:19 Prashant S Kulkarni
From: Prashant S Kulkarni @ 2004-04-28  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dje, gcc-help

Hi,
I am compiling xerces-c25.0 using gcc 3.0 on AIX 4.2.2 and i have all objects
file created. But when while linking all .o file  I am getting error...

AIX uses makeC++SharedLib for shared lib creation. Can you please tell me what
option or which compiler in gcc suite should I use to create shared lib for
above on gcc??.

I am getting the error as follows. Any help is really appreciated..

Thanks,
Prashant

Here is the package tar file for xercec:   xerces-c-src_2_5_0

gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/pkulka/poc/xerces-c-src_2_5_0/obj'
Building /home/pkulka/poc/xerces-c-src_2_5_0//lib/libxerces-c25.0.a
/home/pkulka/poc/bin/bin/gcc -p 5000   -o
/home/pkulka/poc/xerces-c-src_2_5_0//lib/libxerces-c25.0.a
AIX/AIXPlatformUtils.o AIX/ASCIIRangeFactory.o AIX/AbstractDOMParser.o
AIX/AbstractNumericFacetValidator.o AIX/AbstractNumericValidator.o
AIX/AbstractStringValidator.o AIX/AllContentModel.o
AIX/AnySimpleTypeDatatypeValidator.o AIX/AnyURIDatatypeValidator.o
AIX/AttrImpl.o AIX/AttrMapImpl.o AIX/AttrNSImpl.o AIX/BMPattern.o AIX/Base64.o
AIX/Base64BinaryDatatypeValidator.o AIX/BinFileInputStream.o
AIX/BinFileOutputStream.o AIX/BinInputStream.o AIX/BinMemInputStream.o
AIX/BinMemOutputStream.o AIX/BinOutputStream.o AIX/BitSet.o
AIX/BlockRangeFactory.o AIX/BooleanDatatypeValidator.o AIX/CDATASectionImpl.o
AIX/CMAny.o AIX/CMBinaryOp.o AIX/CMUnaryOp.o AIX/CharToken.o
AIX/CharacterDataImpl.o AIX/ChildNode.o AIX/ClosureToken.o AIX/CommentImpl.o
AIX/ComplexTypeInfo.o AIX/ConcatToken.o AIX/ConditionToken.o
AIX/ContentLeafNameTypeVector.o AIX/ContentSpecNode.o AIX/DFAContentModel.o
AIX/DGXMLScanner.o AIX/DOMAttrImpl.o AIX/D
OMAttrMapImpl.o AIX/DOMAttrNSImpl.o AIX/DOMBuilderImpl.o
AIX/DOMCDATASectionImpl.o AIX/DOMCharacterDataImpl.o AIX/DOMChildNode.o
AIX/DOMCommentImpl.o AIX/DOMConfigurationImpl.o AIX/DOMDeepNodeListImpl.o
AIX/DOMDocumentFragmentImpl.o AIX/DOMDocumentImpl.o AIX/DOMDocumentTypeImpl.o
AIX/DOMElementImpl.o AIX/DOMElementNSImpl.o AIX/DOMEntityImpl.o
AIX/DOMEntityReferenceImpl.o AIX/DOMErrorImpl.o AIX/DOMException.o
AIX/DOMImplementationImpl.o AIX/DOMImplementationRegistry.o
AIX/DOMLocatorImpl.o AIX/DOMNamedNodeMapImpl.o AIX/DOMNodeIDMap.o
AIX/DOMNodeImpl.o AIX/DOMNodeIteratorImpl.o AIX/DOMNodeListImpl.o
AIX/DOMNodeVector.o AIX/DOMNormalizer.o AIX/DOMNotationImpl.o
AIX/DOMParentNode.o AIX/DOMParser.o AIX/DOMProcessingInstructionImpl.o
AIX/DOMRangeException.o AIX/DOMRangeImpl.o AIX/DOMString.o AIX/DOMStringPool.o
AIX/DOMTextImpl.o AIX/DOMTreeWalkerImpl.o AIX/DOMTypeInfoImpl.o
AIX/DOMWriterImpl.o AIX/DOMXPathException.o AIX/DOM_Attr.o
AIX/DOM_CDATASection.o AIX/DOM_CharacterData.o AIX/DOM_Comment.o
AIX/DOM_DOMException
..o AIX/DOM_DOMImplementation.o AIX/DOM_Document.o AIX/DOM_DocumentFragment.o
AIX/DOM_DocumentType.o AIX/DOM_Element.o AIX/DOM_Entity.o
AIX/DOM_EntityReference.o AIX/DOM_NamedNodeMap.o AIX/DOM_Node.o
AIX/DOM_NodeFilter.o AIX/DOM_NodeIterator.o AIX/DOM_NodeList.o
AIX/DOM_Notation.o AIX/DOM_ProcessingInstruction.o AIX/DOM_Range.o
AIX/DOM_RangeException.o AIX/DOM_Text.o AIX/DOM_TreeWalker.o AIX/DOM_XMLDecl.o
AIX/DStringPool.o AIX/DTDAttDef.o AIX/DTDAttDefList.o AIX/DTDElementDecl.o
AIX/DTDEntityDecl.o AIX/DTDGrammar.o AIX/DTDScanner.o AIX/DTDValidator.o
AIX/DatatypeValidator.o AIX/DatatypeValidatorFactory.o
AIX/DateDatatypeValidator.o AIX/DateTimeDatatypeValidator.o
AIX/DateTimeValidator.o AIX/DayDatatypeValidator.o
AIX/DecimalDatatypeValidator.o AIX/DeepNodeListImpl.o AIX/DefaultPanicHandler.o
AIX/DocumentFragmentImpl.o AIX/DocumentImpl.o AIX/DocumentTypeImpl.o
AIX/DomMemDebug.o AIX/DoubleDatatypeValidator.o AIX/Dummy.o
AIX/DurationDatatypeValidator.o AIX/ENTITYDatatypeValidator.o AIX/ElemStack.o
AIX/ElementDefi
nitionImpl.o AIX/ElementImpl.o AIX/ElementNSImpl.o AIX/EncodingValidator.o
AIX/EntityImpl.o AIX/EntityReferenceImpl.o AIX/FieldActivator.o
AIX/FieldValueMap.o AIX/FloatDatatypeValidator.o AIX/GCCDefs.o
AIX/GeneralAttributeCheck.o AIX/Grammar.o AIX/GrammarResolver.o AIX/HashPtr.o
AIX/HashXMLCh.o AIX/HeaderDummy.o AIX/HexBin.o AIX/HexBinaryDatatypeValidator.o
AIX/IC_Field.o AIX/IC_Key.o AIX/IC_KeyRef.o AIX/IC_Selector.o AIX/IC_Unique.o
AIX/IDDatatypeValidator.o AIX/IDREFDatatypeValidator.o AIX/IGXMLScanner.o
AIX/IGXMLScanner2.o AIX/IconvTransService.o AIX/IdentityConstraint.o
AIX/InMemMsgLoader.o AIX/InputSource.o AIX/KVStringPair.o
AIX/ListDatatypeValidator.o AIX/LocalFileFormatTarget.o
AIX/LocalFileInputSource.o AIX/Match.o AIX/MemBufFormatTarget.o
AIX/MemBufInputSource.o AIX/MemoryManagerArrayImpl.o AIX/MemoryManagerImpl.o
AIX/MixedContentModel.o AIX/ModifierToken.o AIX/MonthDatatypeValidator.o
AIX/MonthDayDatatypeValidator.o AIX/Mutexes.o AIX/NCNameDatatypeValidator.o
AIX/NOTATIONDatatypeValidator.o AIX/Nam
eDatatypeValidator.o AIX/NamedNodeMapImpl.o AIX/NamespaceScope.o
AIX/NodeIDMap.o AIX/NodeImpl.o AIX/NodeIteratorImpl.o AIX/NodeListImpl.o
AIX/NodeVector.o AIX/NotationImpl.o AIX/Op.o AIX/OpFactory.o
AIX/PSVIAttribute.o AIX/PSVIAttributeList.o AIX/PSVIElement.o AIX/PSVIItem.o
AIX/PanicHandler.o AIX/ParenToken.o AIX/ParentNode.o AIX/ParserForXMLSchema.o
AIX/PlatformUtils.o AIX/ProcessingInstructionImpl.o AIX/QName.o
AIX/QNameDatatypeValidator.o AIX/RangeFactory.o AIX/RangeImpl.o
AIX/RangeToken.o AIX/RangeTokenMap.o AIX/ReaderMgr.o AIX/RefCountedImpl.o
AIX/RegularExpression.o AIX/RegxParser.o AIX/RegxUtil.o AIX/SAX2XMLReaderImpl.o
AIX/SAXException.o AIX/SAXParseException.o AIX/SAXParser.o AIX/SGXMLScanner.o
AIX/SchemaAttDef.o AIX/SchemaAttDefList.o AIX/SchemaElementDecl.o
AIX/SchemaGrammar.o AIX/SchemaInfo.o AIX/SchemaSymbols.o AIX/SchemaValidator.o
AIX/SimpleContentModel.o AIX/SocketNetAccessor.o AIX/StdInInputSource.o
AIX/StdOutFormatTarget.o AIX/StringDatatypeValidator.o AIX/StringPool.o
AIX/StringToken.o AIX
/SubstitutionGroupComparator.o AIX/SynchronizedStringPool.o AIX/TextImpl.o
AIX/TimeDatatypeValidator.o AIX/Token.o AIX/TokenFactory.o AIX/TransService.o
AIX/TraverseSchema.o AIX/TreeWalkerImpl.o AIX/URLInputSource.o
AIX/UnicodeRangeFactory.o AIX/UnionDatatypeValidator.o AIX/UnionToken.o
AIX/UnixHTTPURLInputStream.o AIX/ValidationContextImpl.o AIX/ValueStore.o
AIX/ValueStoreCache.o AIX/VecAttrListImpl.o AIX/VecAttributesImpl.o
AIX/WFXMLScanner.o AIX/Wrapper4DOMInputSource.o AIX/Wrapper4InputSource.o
AIX/XML256TableTranscoder.o AIX/XML88591Transcoder.o AIX/XMLASCIITranscoder.o
AIX/XMLAbstractDoubleFloat.o AIX/XMLAttDef.o AIX/XMLAttDefList.o AIX/XMLAttr.o
AIX/XMLBigDecimal.o AIX/XMLBigInteger.o AIX/XMLBuffer.o AIX/XMLBufferMgr.o
AIX/XMLCanRepGroup.o AIX/XMLChTranscoder.o AIX/XMLChar.o AIX/XMLContentModel.o
AIX/XMLDTDDescription.o AIX/XMLDTDDescriptionImpl.o AIX/XMLDateTime.o
AIX/XMLDeclImpl.o AIX/XMLDouble.o AIX/XMLEBCDICTranscoder.o
AIX/XMLElementDecl.o AIX/XMLEntityDecl.o AIX/XMLException.o AIX/XMLFloat.o AIX/
XMLFormatter.o AIX/XMLGrammarDescription.o AIX/XMLGrammarPoolImpl.o
AIX/XMLIBM1047Transcoder.o AIX/XMLIBM1140Transcoder.o AIX/XMLMsgLoader.o
AIX/XMLNotationDecl.o AIX/XMLNumber.o AIX/XMLRangeFactory.o AIX/XMLReader.o
AIX/XMLRecognizer.o AIX/XMLRefInfo.o AIX/XMLScanner.o AIX/XMLScannerResolver.o
AIX/XMLSchemaDescription.o AIX/XMLSchemaDescriptionImpl.o AIX/XMLString.o
AIX/XMLStringTokenizer.o AIX/XMLUCSTranscoder.o AIX/XMLURL.o
AIX/XMLUTF16Transcoder.o AIX/XMLUTF8Transcoder.o AIX/XMLUni.o
AIX/XMLUniCharacter.o AIX/XMLUri.o AIX/XMLValidator.o
AIX/XMLWin1252Transcoder.o AIX/XMemory.o AIX/XObjectComparator.o
AIX/XPathMatcher.o AIX/XPathMatcherStack.o AIX/XPathSymbols.o AIX/XProtoType.o
AIX/XSAnnotation.o AIX/XSAttributeDeclaration.o
AIX/XSAttributeGroupDefinition.o AIX/XSAttributeUse.o
AIX/XSComplexTypeDefinition.o AIX/XSDDOMParser.o AIX/XSDElementNSImpl.o
AIX/XSDErrorReporter.o AIX/XSDLocator.o AIX/XSElementDeclaration.o
AIX/XSFacet.o AIX/XSIDCDefinition.o AIX/XSModel.o AIX/XSModelGroup.o
AIX/XSModelGroupDefinit
ion.o AIX/XSMultiValueFacet.o AIX/XSNamespaceItem.o AIX/XSNotationDeclaration.o
AIX/XSObject.o AIX/XSObjectFactory.o AIX/XSParticle.o
AIX/XSSimpleTypeDefinition.o AIX/XSTypeDefinition.o AIX/XSWildcard.o
AIX/XSerializeEngine.o AIX/XTemplateComparator.o AIX/XTemplateSerializer.o
AIX/XUtil.o AIX/XercesAttGroupInfo.o AIX/XercesDOMParser.o
AIX/XercesElementWildcard.o AIX/XercesGroupInfo.o AIX/XercesXPath.o
AIX/YearDatatypeValidator.o AIX/YearMonthDatatypeValidator.o AIX/sax2Dummy.o
-bmap:/home/pkulka/poc/xerces-c-src_2_5_0//obj/libxerces-c25.0.map -lpthreads
-L/usr/lpp/xlC/lib
gcc: 5000: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [/home/pkulka/poc/xerces-c-src_2_5_0//lib/libxerces-c25.0.a]
Error 1
gmake[1]: Target `ALL' not remade because of errors.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pkulka/poc/xerces-c-src_2_5_0/obj'
gmake: *** [/home/pkulka/poc/xerces-c-src_2_5_0//lib/libxerces-c25.0.a] Error 2

American Express made the following
 annotations on 04/27/2004 10:19:40 PM

     "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.  Thank you."

* help needed
@ 2003-11-20 12:46 Jomy Abraham
From: Jomy Abraham @ 2003-11-20 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hi,

I need to know few information about GNU AIX cross
compiler

1. I am working on Sun Solaris on Sparc machine.  The Target is a
powerPC with AIX as OS.  I don't have AIX compiler.  Can I use the GNU's
AIX cross compiler to build the executable for the target from Solaris
environment?

2. How can I test it from Solaris..(I mean compiler options for a simple
program? )

3. Is something more than the cross compiler is required to make the
executable run on the target.

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Jomy

		SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally Privileged information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

* Re: Help Needed
       [not found]   ` <1048367240.1224.51.camel@x1-6-00-e0-18-67-55-94>
@ 2003-03-18  1:51     ` LLeweLLyn Reese
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2003-03-18  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karthik Narayanan; +Cc: gcc-help

Karthik Narayanan <rkarthik@cs.ucf.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>    Here is the attachment of the file that i created according to you
> instructions.

Thank you - but you didn't post the error messages.
[snip]
> On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 16:29, LLeweLLyn Reese wrote:
> > "R.Karthik Narayanan" <rkarthik@cs.ucf.edu> writes:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >    I am R.Karthik Narayanan, I am student at UCF. I have been trying to do
> > > programming in lunix using GCC. I find that my C programs work without any
> > > errors. But the problems seems to happend when i do GCC for C++ programs. It
> > > fails to find the file iostream.h.
> >
> > iostream.h is not part of ISO C++. The name was changed to <iostream>
> >     (no suffix) during the standarization process which was completed
> >     in 1998. (Although the iostream.h => iostream change was final
> >     long before most of the other changes.)
> >
> > Since you don't know about <iostream>, I'm going to assume you don't
> >     know about the std namespace. During the standarization process,
> >     all standard C++ library names, including cout, endl, string, etc,
> >     were moved into the std namespace. Here is an example:
> >
> > #include<iostream>
> > #include<ostream>
> >
> > using std::cout;
> > using std::endl;
> >
> > int main()
> > {
> >     cout << "Hello world" << endl;
> > }
> >
> > > But, there is no error nad the program
> > > compiles.
> >
> > I think there is some confusion. If iostream is required, but not
> >     found, the program will not compile. You must copy and paste the
> >     exact error messages you get, and the code that reproduces them
> >     (or a simplified version thereof). If you don't do that, people
> >     can only guess at your problem, and are less able to help you.
> >
> > > But when i try to execute it using ./name of compiled file, there is
> > > no reponse, the program doesn't run. Can u please guide me as to how solve this
> > > problem.
> > [snip]
>

> #include<iostream>
> #include<ostream>
> using std::cout;
> int main()
> {
> 	cout<<"HelloWorld!";

cout is a buffered stream. This means it saves the output in a buffer,
    until a long block of optimal size is obtained. The buffer isn't
    written to output until it is full, or gets flushed. I don't
    believe the standard requires the buffer to flushed when the
    program exits. So if you do not use << flush, or << endl here, you
    may see no output.

> 	return 0;
> }

* Re: Help Needed
@ 2003-03-18  0:25   ` Karthik Narayanan
       [not found]   ` <1048367240.1224.51.camel@x1-6-00-e0-18-67-55-94>
From: Karthik Narayanan @ 2003-03-18  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: llewelly

Hi guys,
         Thanks for helping in my problem. i was pleased with the quick
response i got. I hope i could be of help to you guys sometime, I did
the changes like you guys had told me( esp:- Llewellyn Reese ). See i
made te changes like you told me , but i could not still get any output
from my program. The program compiled without any error, but i simply
couldn't see any out put for it. I am attaching the source of the simple
program , hope u can help me out in figuring out whats wrong.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,
R.Karthik Narayanan

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 16:29, LLeweLLyn Reese wrote:
> "R.Karthik Narayanan" <rkarthik@cs.ucf.edu> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >    I am R.Karthik Narayanan, I am student at UCF. I have been trying to do
> > programming in lunix using GCC. I find that my C programs work without any
> > errors. But the problems seems to happend when i do GCC for C++ programs. It
> > fails to find the file iostream.h.
>
> iostream.h is not part of ISO C++. The name was changed to <iostream>
>     (no suffix) during the standarization process which was completed
>     in 1998. (Although the iostream.h => iostream change was final
>     long before most of the other changes.)
>
> Since you don't know about <iostream>, I'm going to assume you don't
>     know about the std namespace. During the standarization process,
>     all standard C++ library names, including cout, endl, string, etc,
>     were moved into the std namespace. Here is an example:
>
> #include<iostream>
> #include<ostream>
>
> using std::cout;
> using std::endl;
>
> int main()
> {
>     cout << "Hello world" << endl;
> }
>
> > But, there is no error nad the program
> > compiles.
>
> I think there is some confusion. If iostream is required, but not
>     found, the program will not compile. You must copy and paste the
>     exact error messages you get, and the code that reproduces them
>     (or a simplified version thereof). If you don't do that, people
>     can only guess at your problem, and are less able to help you.
>
> > But when i try to execute it using ./name of compiled file, there is
> > no reponse, the program doesn't run. Can u please guide me as to how solve this
> > problem.
> [snip]

* Re: Help Needed
@ 2003-03-17  7:51 Dockeen
From: Dockeen @ 2003-03-17  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

There is one other subtle point than can come up
here, and that is if you are compiling a C++ program,
in general, the command you need to invoke is g++,
not gcc, i.e.

g++ waynesadolt.cpp

or whatever variant you are using for the program.
g++ does some operations behind the scenes to deal with
the program being a c++ program.

Here is a decent link that will bring you up to
speed on standard header notation in C++:

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/ansi/hfiles.html

Hope my babbling has helped...

Wayne Keen

* Re: Help Needed
@ 2003-03-17  3:02 ` LLeweLLyn Reese
       [not found]   ` <1048367240.1224.51.camel@x1-6-00-e0-18-67-55-94>
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2003-03-17  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: R.Karthik Narayanan; +Cc: gcc-help

"R.Karthik Narayanan" <rkarthik@cs.ucf.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>    I am R.Karthik Narayanan, I am student at UCF. I have been trying to do
> programming in lunix using GCC. I find that my C programs work without any
> errors. But the problems seems to happend when i do GCC for C++ programs. It
> fails to find the file iostream.h.

iostream.h is not part of ISO C++. The name was changed to <iostream>
    (no suffix) during the standarization process which was completed
    in 1998. (Although the iostream.h => iostream change was final
    long before most of the other changes.)

Since you don't know about <iostream>, I'm going to assume you don't
    know about the std namespace. During the standarization process,
    all standard C++ library names, including cout, endl, string, etc,
    were moved into the std namespace. Here is an example:

#include<iostream>
#include<ostream>

using std::cout;
using std::endl;

int main()
{
    cout << "Hello world" << endl;
}

> But, there is no error nad the program
> compiles.

I think there is some confusion. If iostream is required, but not
    found, the program will not compile. You must copy and paste the
    exact error messages you get, and the code that reproduces them
    (or a simplified version thereof). If you don't do that, people
    can only guess at your problem, and are less able to help you.

> But when i try to execute it using ./name of compiled file, there is
> no reponse, the program doesn't run. Can u please guide me as to how solve this
> problem.
[snip]

* Help Needed
@ 2003-03-16 21:32 R.Karthik Narayanan
From: R.Karthik Narayanan @ 2003-03-16 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
   I am R.Karthik Narayanan, I am student at UCF. I have been trying to do
programming in lunix using GCC. I find that my C programs work without any
errors. But the problems seems to happend when i do GCC for C++ programs. It
fails to find the file iostream.h. But, there is no error nad the program
compiles. But when i try to execute it using ./name of compiled file, there is

@ 2001-10-13  1:41 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2001-10-13  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ram; +Cc: gcc-help

ram <gangadhar@applabs.net> writes:

> itfrecv.c: In function `ack_funct':
> itfrecv.c:389: too few arguments to function `send'
> itfrecv.c: In function `errlog':
> itfrecv.c:422: warning: passing arg 3 of `write' makes integer from pointer
> without a cast
>
> the lines are as below
>
>  389         send(sockfd, buffer, strlen(buffer));
> 422         write(fd, buffer, index);
>
> what should I change to make the program compile with gcc.

The send(2) function on GNU/Linux takes four parameters, not three
(see the manual).  However, it is possible that your program defines
its own send() function, in this case you would have to rename it.

The warning seems to indicate a genuine bug in the code:  It doesn't
make much sense to pass a pointer value as a byte count to write(2).

(These problems are not related to GCC, you should probably ask in a
more appropriate forum such as comp.os.linux.development.apps.)

* help needed
@ 2001-10-13  0:36 ram
From: ram @ 2001-10-13  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hi

I have a C progam written for DEC UNIX. I am unable to compile this on
Redhat linux with gcc version gcc-2.96-81 .

I get following errors

itfrecv.c: In function `ack_funct':
itfrecv.c:389: too few arguments to function `send'
itfrecv.c: In function `errlog':
itfrecv.c:422: warning: passing arg 3 of `write' makes integer from pointer
without a cast

the lines are as below

 389         send(sockfd, buffer, strlen(buffer));
422         write(fd, buffer, index);

what should I change to make the program compile with gcc.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

thanx
Ram

* Re: help needed
@ 2000-09-26 21:49 ` Kiran Kumar K
From: Kiran Kumar K @ 2000-09-26 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BRAHMAIAH VALLABHANENI; +Cc: gcc-help

hi,

please check SDCC compiler, i think it has a port for
both ATMEL-AVR and Z80.

best regards,
kiran

BRAHMAIAH VALLABHANENI wrote:

> Hi ,
>  can you tell me, which architecture is clost to
>  Zilog's z80 and ez80 ,on which gcc port already
> exists. ?
>
> thanks
>
> V.Brahmaiah

http://im.yahoo.com

* Re: help needed
@ 2000-09-26  6:30 Kazu Hirata
From: Kazu Hirata @ 2000-09-26  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, Brahmaiah,

> can you tell me, which architecture is clost to
> Zilog's z80 and ez80 ,on which gcc port already
> exists. ?

z8k seems to be in binutils but not in gcc.

Atmel AVR is probaably the closest one-chip microcontroller.  It has
an 8-bit architecture.  I don't think it's in gcc-2.95.2.  You have to
download the current snapshot of gcc.

For 8-bit microcontrollers in general, I've seen a bunch of freely
available assemblers.  Compilers may even be there, so gcc is not the
only one to stick with.

Hope this helps.

Kazu Hirata

* help needed
@ 2000-09-26  4:44 BRAHMAIAH VALLABHANENI
From: BRAHMAIAH VALLABHANENI @ 2000-09-26  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi ,
 can you tell me, which architecture is clost to
 Zilog's z80 and ez80 ,on which gcc port already
exists. ?

thanks

V.Brahmaiah

For fabulous shopping deals visit: http://www.rediff.co.in/shopping/index.html

* help needed
@ 2000-09-13  3:54 brahmaiah vallabhaneni
From: brahmaiah vallabhaneni @ 2000-09-13  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Hi all,
Currently I am going through the documents of "Porting Gcc".
But I have got one small basic doubt, i.e.,
how should I choose between define_expand and define_insn.

Please, see the following two defs .These are from Sparc port. I do n't understand why they
chose define_expand for cmpsi. Please explain me this part.

Thanks and regards

V.Brahmaiah

(define_expand "cmpsi"
  [(set (reg:CC 100)
        (compare:CC (match_operand:SI 0 "register_operand" "")
                    (match_operand:SI 1 "arith_operand" "")))]
  ""
  "
{
  sparc_compare_op0 = operands[0];
  sparc_compare_op1 = operands[1];
  DONE;
}")

(define_insn "*cmpsi_insn"
  [(set (reg:CC 100)
        (compare:CC (match_operand:SI 0 "register_operand" "r")
                    (match_operand:SI 1 "arith_operand" "rI")))]
  ""
  "cmp\\t%0, %1"
  [(set_attr "type" "compare")])

* Re: Help needed
@ 2000-04-09 21:24 Mahadev Cholachgudda
From: Mahadev Cholachgudda @ 2000-04-09 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sc_zgy; +Cc: gcc-help

with regards,
mahadev

From: Mahadev Cholachgudda @ 2000-04-07 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hi, I am facing some problems in writing the values directly into
the memory mapped peripheral I/O registers. Is there any inbuilt
memory-space qualifiers in the compiler to do this. Like if i write some
values by using this memory space qualifiers to address 0xAB, it will
directly write into 0xAB register or related register. please send the
websites URLs or related documents URLs. thanking
u Mahadev