* gcc gets stuck after reinstalling OS.
@ 2004-09-09  8:59 Mallik
From: Mallik @ 2004-09-09  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
  I am using Sun OS 5.8 and we had to reinstall the OS on the machine due to
certain problems. We installed gcc on top of that.  After this
re-installation,  gcc doesn't work anymore. If I use the command # gcc
test.c,  nothing happens and it gets stuck forever. I have to kill the
process. There are no error messages or warnings on the screen. It just gets
stuck. It appears that gcc fails to find some OS specific libraries or
something like that.

 Is there a way to find out if the problem is with the gcc installation or
with the OS installation.  Will reinstalling gcc help or should i re-install
the OS ?.

Thanks
mallik