* RE: Installing GCC 3.2 on a system with no pre-existing compiler
@ 2002-10-28  7:09 Venkatakrishnan, V
From: Venkatakrishnan, V @ 2002-10-28  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Kaparapu, Prabha V   1275', 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Prabha,
	Try this http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/aixpdslib.html you should
probably get all that you need.

Cheers,

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaparapu, Prabha V 1275 [mailto:Prabha.Kaparapu@CIGNA.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 10:00 AM
To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'
Subject: Installing GCC 3.2 on a system with no pre-existing compiler

Hello,

I am planning to install GCC 3.2 on my server.
Specifically, I want to install GCC onto a AIX 4.3.3
server where there is no pre-existing compiler.
Could you please guide me where can I find Download software as well as
install documents?

Thanks

Prabha

Prabha Kaparapu
Cigna International
302-797-3320

> 	Confidential, unpublished property of CIGNA.
> 	Do no duplicate or distribute.
> 	Use and distribution limited solely to authorized personnel.
> 	(c) Copyright 2001 (CIGNA Corporation)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This e-mail
transmission may contain confidential information.  This information is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is
intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files if
you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance.
Copyright (c) 2002 CIGNA

* Re: Installing GCC 3.2 on a system with no pre-existing compiler
@ 2002-10-28  8:55 ` Mats Rynge
From: Mats Rynge @ 2002-10-28  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaparapu, Prabha V   1275; +Cc: gcc-help

* Kaparapu, Prabha V   1275 <Prabha.Kaparapu@CIGNA.com> [2002-10-28 10:22:07 -0500]:

> I had been in that site earlier.
>  I have downloaded GCC3_0_1_0 exe.
> But the installation and configuration documentation was very wage.
> I am not sure I am following the right documenation or not.

If you got GCC3_0_1_0.exe, that is from the Groupe Bull mirror
and then you should follow the installation instrcutions at
http://www.bullfreeware.com/

If you got the aixpdslib package from
http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/packages/gcc.html (it has an tar.Z
extenstion) please follow the instructions at
ftp://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/pub/EXEC_Notes_Read_First

--
Mats Rynge
AIX PDSLIB  --  http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu

* RE: Installing GCC 3.2 on a system with no pre-existing compiler
@ 2002-10-28  7:22 Kaparapu, Prabha V   1275
From: Kaparapu, Prabha V   1275 @ 2002-10-28  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Venkatakrishnan, V', 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Thanks,

I had been in that site earlier.
 I have downloaded GCC3_0_1_0 exe.
But the installation and configuration documentation was very wage.
I am not sure I am following the right documenation or not.

If possible, could you please send me the documentation?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Prabha Kaparapu

@ 2002-10-28  7:00 Kaparapu, Prabha V   1275
From: Kaparapu, Prabha V   1275 @ 2002-10-28  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

@ 2002-08-30  3:34 ` Claudio Bley
From: Claudio Bley @ 2002-08-30  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

    Matthew> How can I install GCC on a system with NO compiler?
    Matthew> Specifically, I want to install GCC onto a Solaris 8
    Matthew> server where ther is no pre-existing compiler.

    Matthew> Ta.

Just have a look at http://www.sunfreeware.com/ and download a binary
version of gcc.

PS: Please don't use HTML or MIME in E-mail messages, see
    http://www.expita.com/nomime.html. Thanks.

--
Claudio Bley                                                        _
                                             ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

* Installing GCC 3.2 on a system with no pre-existing compiler
@ 2002-08-29 18:55 Matthew Robinson
From: Matthew Robinson @ 2002-08-29 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'