From: "John bebbington" <John.Bebbington@t-online.de>
To: help-gcc@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How do I control the order of constuctors
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 03:24:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Johnny Favorite (it means "Writhing Tentacle of Death") wrote in message
<84k4ds02vdb@enews3.newsguy.com>...
>Greg Chicares wrote:
>> It's in the FAQ at
>> http://www.cerfnet.com/~mpcline/c++-faq-lite/
>
>Well, I dug around there for 30 minutes or so and I can't find anything
>about the ordering of constructors before main().  I'd always assumed it
was
>impossible to do anything about the ordering, that it was up to the
>compiler.  If the FAQ says something different I'd like to know what it is.

Thanks for the link Greg,

I have found what I need is the following sections of the FAQs at
http://www.cerfnet.com/~mpcline/c++-faq-lite/

[10.10] What's the "static initialization order fiasco"?
[10.11] How do I prevent the "static initialization order fiasco"?
[10.12] How do I prevent the "static initialization order fiasco" for my
static data members?

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: "John bebbington" <John.Bebbington@t-online.de>
To: help-gcc@gnu.org
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]