* Compiler problem with gfortran
@ 2022-04-24 16:58 C. David Whiteman
From: C. David Whiteman @ 2022-04-24 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Am having some trouble compiling a simple fortran program on my M1 MacBook Air. I am using the latest MacOS, Monterey 12.3.1, and the latest version of Xcode. I installed Homebrew and gcc to update my old version of gfortran. The fortran program on my desktop will compile when I use the command gfortran -c skippy.f, producing the executable file skippy.o on my desktop. But I can’t get the executable file to run. I am an amateur and am really not that familiar with the unix commands, etc. Can someone give me some advice on this? Thanks.

-Dave

~/Desktop 519 $ gfortran -o skippy.f
gfortran: fatal error: no input files; unwilling to write output files
compilation terminated.
~/Desktop 520 $ gfortran -c skippy.f
~/Desktop 521 $ ./skippy.o
-bash: ./skippy.o: Permission denied