* Sanitizer CHECK failed: sanitizer_allocator_primary64.h:133
@ 2024-02-09  7:31 Deepthi H
From: Deepthi H @ 2024-02-09  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I am facing the issue on enabling sanitizers for gcc on aarch64 linux.
The issue was observed with the following command :-
"aarch64-poky-linux-gcc -O1 -fsanitize=address -fno-omit-frame-pointer -o
test test.c"

*AddressSanitizer: CHECK failed: sanitizer_allocator_primary64.h:131
"((kSpaceBeg)) == ((address_range.Init(TotalSpaceSize,
PrimaryAllocatorName, kSpaceBeg)))" (0x600000000000, 0xfffffffffffffff4)
(tid=389)    <empty stack>*

I found a patch that fixes the sanitizer issue for arm64  on llvm :-
⚙D60243 [LSan][AArch64] Speed-up leak and address sanitizers on AArch64 for
48-bit VMA (llvm.org) <https://reviews.llvm.org/D60243#change-1yIlOwF0zl2Y>

I analyzed and tried to port the patch that fixes the issue for llvm. After
backporting the LLVM patches to the GCC sources, I encountered several
build errors, particularly related to the AddressSanitizer (ASan) and
LeakSanitizer (LSan) libraries. I have fixed lsan and asan issues. However
sanitizer_common is completely different in gcc than llvm.
Can you please help me fix this issue on gcc sources or is than any other
way to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Deepthi

* Re: Sanitizer CHECK failed: sanitizer_allocator_primary64.h:133
@ 2024-02-09  7:42 ` Sam James
From: Sam James @ 2024-02-09  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepthi H; +Cc: gcc-help

Deepthi H via Gcc-help <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am facing the issue on enabling sanitizers for gcc on aarch64 linux.
> The issue was observed with the following command :-
> "aarch64-poky-linux-gcc -O1 -fsanitize=address -fno-omit-frame-pointer -o
> test test.c"
>
> *AddressSanitizer: CHECK failed: sanitizer_allocator_primary64.h:131
> "((kSpaceBeg)) == ((address_range.Init(TotalSpaceSize,
> PrimaryAllocatorName, kSpaceBeg)))" (0x600000000000, 0xfffffffffffffff4)
> (tid=389)    <empty stack>*
>
> I found a patch that fixes the sanitizer issue for arm64  on llvm :-
> ⚙D60243 [LSan][AArch64] Speed-up leak and address sanitizers on AArch64 for
> 48-bit VMA (llvm.org) <https://reviews.llvm.org/D60243#change-1yIlOwF0zl2Y>

That should've been synced into GCC ages ago. What version of GCC are
you using?

@ 2024-02-09  8:25   ` Deepthi H
From: Deepthi H @ 2024-02-09  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam James; +Cc: gcc-help