* ask question
@ 2003-01-09  4:02 lixd
From: lixd @ 2003-01-09  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

greetings all:
  I want to study GCC compiler internals. So I installed it on
a solaris8 machine use default option.
  when I load gcc with workshop it can not find debug info.
  So whether i should add some options to build to has debug info?
  what's the steps?

thanks
webman

* Re: ask question
@ 2003-01-10 23:45 ` LLeweLLyn Reese
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2003-01-10 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lixd; +Cc: gcc-help

"lixd" <lixdfromjx@yeah.net> writes:

> greetings all:
>   I want to study GCC compiler internals. So I installed it on
> a solaris8 machine use default option.
>   when I load gcc with workshop it can not find debug info.
>   So whether i should add some options to build to has debug info?
>   what's the steps?

http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/beginner.html

has some links you may find useful.

* Can the function "connect()" & "listen() + accept()" be used with the same TCP port at the same time ?
@ 2003-03-15 21:24   ` Louie Chan
From: Louie Chan @ 2003-03-15 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LLeweLLyn Reese, lixd; +Cc: gcc-help, lixdfromjx

Dear sir/madam,

Does anyone know if I can use the functions "listen() & accept()" after one successful TCP connection with the function "connect" ?
Please refer to the following concept codes !!

int sockfd, new_connect_fd;

sockfd = socket(domain, type, protocol);
connect(sockfd, sockaddr, addrlen);			<--- connect() and connection successful !
listen(sockfd, backlog);
new_connect_fd =  accept(sockfd, sockaddr, addrlen);	<--- Can the accept() be used after using connect() ?

Thanks for your help !

Best Regards. Louie

* Re: Can the function "connect()" & "listen() + accept()" be used with the same TCP port at the same time ?
@ 2003-03-16 19:38   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-03-16 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louie Chan; +Cc: Phil Edwards, Jonathan Lennox, gcc, gcc-help

On Mar 15, 2003, "Louie Chan" <louie@unitednet.com.hk> wrote:

> Does anyone know if I can use the functions "listen() & accept()"
> after one successful TCP connection with the function "connect" ?

This is not a question about GCC, it's a question about whatever C
library you're using on the target system.  You fail to specify which
OS and which C library you're using, so we can't even direct you to
the proper forum in which to ask your question.  Since it pertains to
socket programming, I suppose newsgroups or mailing lists about Unix
network programming might do.

* Can the function "connect()" & "listen() + accept()" be used with the same TCP port at the same time ?
@ 2003-03-15 19:44 ` Louie Chan