* Regression testing...
@ 2000-01-18  8:03 Scott Bambrough
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Scott Bambrough @ 2000-01-18  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gcc

I want to do some automated regression testing with the ARM ports of 2.95.1 and
2.95.2 before I put the RPM's up on netwinder.org.  There used to be a web page
on how to do it at sourceware, but I can't find it anymore.  Is is still
possible?  I'd appreciate any pointers anyone might have.

Thanks,

Scott.

--
Scott Bambrough - Software Engineer
REBEL.COM    http://www.rebel.com

* Re: Regression testing...
@ 2000-01-18  9:18 ` Richard Earnshaw
From: Richard Earnshaw @ 2000-01-18  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Bambrough; +Cc: rearnsha

> I want to do some automated regression testing with the ARM ports of 2.95.1 and
> 2.95.2 before I put the RPM's up on netwinder.org.  There used to be a web page
> on how to do it at sourceware, but I can't find it anymore.  Is is still
> possible?  I'd appreciate any pointers anyone might have.

bash$ make check

Or did you have something else in mind?

R.

* Re: Regression testing...
@ 2000-01-18 10:39 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-01-18 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Bambrough; +Cc: gcc-help, gcc

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Scott Bambrough wrote:
> I want to do some automated regression testing with the ARM ports of
> 2.95.1 and 2.95.2 before I put the RPM's up on netwinder.org.  There
> used to be a web page on how to do it at sourceware, but I can't find
> it anymore.  Is is still possible?

We had quite a bit of documentation, but removed it before the GCC 2.95
release which did not contain the testsuite due to legal reasons and
concerns by the FSF.

You still can access the old documentation at
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/wwwdocs/htdocs/install/test.html?rev=1.17&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I think we definitely should do something about making that public
again, else we *will* suffer a reduction in tests users do.

Unless I hear of any strong concerns against this, I plan to make
this page "active" again, with a note that/why the testsuite is not
included in releases.

Gerald

* Re: Regression testing...
@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Gerald Pfeifer